Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Ventura surf help ....

Default Ventura surf help ....

My teen daughter started fishing with me last year and I sure would appreciate your help in getting her into some fish. We live in Santa Clarita and locally, we have fished Deer Creek in Malibu, also Emma Wood in Ventura, among others.

We were into the wind catching the tide at Emma Wood yesterday. There were some nice rips, even birds feeding a few hundred yards out, but no bites on chovies, lug worms or lures. Surfers eventually ran over our lines until it became futile to cast without guaranteeing their safety. They did not understand the danger of getting hit with a 3-ouncer. I paid for parking to fish but the surfers said it was "our beach, man."

We were fishing long for halibut or a surprise sea bass, and short and light for perch. I don't go to swimming beaches to compete so we're looking for spots that pay off. I see that you post initials for secrecy, so if you can tell me how to meet up or hire a guide I would be very grateful. I am taking her every two weeks rain or shine. That puts the incoming tide around 11-1 on those days. My daughter is getting disillusioned with fishing, and she is starting to think I am obsessed with that big whale! I need to prove to her that this is the best hobby in the world!

Thanks much.

Butch...check your PM

Bones, I sent a long reply this morning but I can't find it in the SENT folder. Hope it went through. Thanks for all the info!
    Butch