Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First time targeting catfish at Irvine Lake

Default First time targeting catfish at Irvine Lake

I have mostly fished for trout my whole life. My wife now likes fishing, after being married to me for 31 years and not wanting to go along. I mostly enjoy having her along. She caught a catfish while fishing for trout at Irvine Lake this year and thought it was great.
    We are going to Irvine Lake Monday morning for some shore fishing, anyone else going and be willing to share some tips?
    Thanks.

95 views and no one has had any suggestions or saying they will be there. I remember Dana, this is not the forum he had when he was alive. I AM GONE.

use mackeral a small 1/8 oz sliding sinker should be enough size 2/0 circle hooks and 10 to 12 lb line heres a map of the lake try catfish hole from shore and try the dock aswell south fork is good too http://www.irvinelake.net/assets/cam...ground-map.jpg agreed fnn is more about drama now if you have any more questions hit me up on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by JHDucky View Post
    95 views and no one has had any suggestions or saying they will be there. I remember Dana, this is not the forum he had when he was alive. I AM GONE.
    JHDucky, I'm sorry no one has responded to you before you made your comment. I normally would be fishing catfish at this time of the year at Irvine Lake, but those no good Yellowtail keep biting. I always offer what ever knowledge I have on a lake etc to anyone who asks for it. I unfortunately haven't been there this year yet, otherwise I would have chimed in with current useful information. As for leaving this forum, "I think you maybe leaving at just the wrong time!!!!!" I say that because I have seen a recent turn of events, this board seems to has lost a lot of it's negative players. No not the GD posters, they were never the problem. I'm talking about the people who pick on someone's legitimate fish report. Once people realize you can write a fish report and not spend your whole time defending it to the goofs. This should encourage other's who were too afraid to report in the past, to start chiming in and offer useful information to thy fellow fishermen!!!!!! At least I hope this trend continues!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-21-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Weeds are getting pretty thick around the shore, but my buddy fished just past the docks on the West Shore and got 3 nice cats....flyline mack or mack n shrimp combo. Day fishing might be tough, but worth a try. Bass and bluegill are still active so if you feel like switching it up that is certainly an option.

Good luck,

TD

Thanks for the info guys. I don't want to leave because I do remember all the goods times with people here and the way we offered to help each other. I was not able to post or go fishing much since i joined this group in 2009. I lost my job in 2010 and my wife lost hers in 2011 due to health reasons. Couldn't get hired anywhere I applied and started my own business, worked it 24/7, no time or money to go fishing. August of last year I had a total knee replacement which forced me to sell my business and now I have gotten a job and am starting to get my life back. So I hope to be able to get out more and post more.