Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Another Santa Barbara Report (6/15/15)

Default Another Santa Barbara Report (6/15/15)

I made it out for an evening session yesterday. The conditions looked decent despite there being some kelp to contend with.

After just a few casts, my LC connected with a nice fish. It made a few runs and got tangled in some free floating kelp but I was able to get it to shore….25 incher! Pumped!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	46482

I released her safely and kept on fishing. Within just another few casts, I get a good strike and a hook into a 24 incher (released)!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phot2o.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	46481

I also landed a short (no pic) all in about 30 minutes time.

It seems my luck has changed as of late. I’d like to think my technique is improving but that’d be giving myself too much credit. LOL.

Good luck to all,
    Adam

Don't sell yourself short, 2 legals in 30 minutes is beyond lucky...... Congrats, Verne

good job!! may do a few evening runs this week.

Thanks exfactor! It's a great way to end the day.

Your on fire Adam.....Hit the area when it's hot as they say. Give yourself some credit for being a quick study and determined.

Keep up the great work!

Awesome! Like mike said, hit it while it's hot. Seems like you've found a spot with some fish stacked up. A good swell or surge can change that quick. Congrats in a great session!!!

Don

Thanks Mike!

Thumbs up

Well done, you've been on a roll!

Mikey told me you guys did pretty well a couple of days ago, keep up the great job up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Well done, you've been on a roll!

Mikey told me you guys did pretty well a couple of days ago, keep up the great job up there.
    Thanks Arthur. Mikey and I had a good time and he shared some great pointers. He's a good dude.