Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Solo SWAT'in at the 150 - 6/11/15

Default Solo SWAT'in at the 150 - 6/11/15

Took the day off last Thursday to try and get the first YT on the deck of my boat. Last minute decision, so it turned out to be a solo run. Got the boat in the water in San Pedro at 7am, loaded up a half scoop of decent dines and headed for the 150 zoo. Tried to stay on the outside of the parking lot for most of the day, but that proved impossible as the sport boats were constantly on the move.
    Conditions were a little sloppy in the morning with mixed swells, but calmed down nicely.
    Fished dines on 1/4 oz slider with 30lb fluoro and a 3/0 circle hook. First fish bit around 9:30, second bit about an hour later. Tried working the surface iron, yoyo, and flatfall with no luck. Had one boil pop up near me but couldn't get anything to stick on the surface iron.
    Bite really seemed to pick up around 1pm or so, as I was leaving. But two were good enough for me.
    Lots of red crab out there. Key is to look for the terns. Or, if you are just trying to relax (like I was), sitting on top of red crab marks, soaking a sardine, worked as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	46473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	46474

Killer solo run on the Yt's.

It's crazy out there!!!!
    But, good job nailing a couple of them Mike.
    I was out there a few weeks back and didn't fare so well.
    Thanks for sharing and take care,
    Robert
    <><

WTG Mike. Glad to see ya out on the water. Hope you got that fuel level sorted out. Nice way to spend the solo session out there by spilling some nice YT blood.
    Keep up the good work buddy!

Thumbs up

Nice hunting Mike... one of these days, I'll make it out there with you bro.

Nicely done, gotta love this local YT bite!

TD

Thanks guys.

Mike, no fix yet... But there's one easy thing I can check before dealing with more expensive options.

Arthur, any time my friend.

Nice catch still waiting on my whopper cant seem to break the 15# mark yet.

Nice,,,

Like Encore said,,Im still waiting on my 20+ jello to hit the deck also,,,Only 10s and under for me

Looks like a fantastis solo run out there,,
    Congrats

TRAIL BLAZER

Nice going out there Mike! Glad you were able to nail a couple of tails in the tough conditions.

Don