Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: guide trip thurs another big one dies and a striper virgin is no more

Default guide trip thurs another big one dies and a striper virgin is no more

a long time fnn watcher rich pulled the trigger on a trip for him and his friend Jeffery. we hit the water and had a few quick hits but no hook ups ,the water has a major algae bloom happening and theres open water floating weed wads every where , causing non stop rig cleaning all day and what made it worse was the wind changed directions 4 times. after jeff farmed a few fish big rich lifted him out of the batters box ,the next hookup the stripey died the skunk was gone and fun started. jeff was bit by the skunk most of the day ,the skunk didn't leave him till late in the day sometimes that's how it goes. late morning we got a drag screamer I slowed the boat and cleared the other rod ,rich fought the stripey it hit the net the deck and we all got to give a little hoop. rich had a bid advantage over jeff , he's an accomplished fisherman and big time hunting guide so hes all over in the fishing and hunting world. it was a slow day we ended up with six and bunch of farm-jobs but big Richard killed a double d ,his fish pic doesn't do it justice Richard is 6ft 5 and is built like hoss cartwright . thank you Richard and jeff for the great conversation and fun and youre non stop deer sighting skills ,it was really cool seeing all those fawns hill climbing with there mothers.............T/O............

Way to kill em Bob! You are getting really consistent on the big ones of late, keep up the good work, keep on slaying!..................Dave

That big fish makes the day. Nice going showing them a good time. Jim

That is dandy. Who the heck is Hoss Cartwright??

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    That is dandy. Who the heck is Hoss Cartwright??
    1960's TV series Bonanza, a western with a father Ben Cartwright (played by Lorne Green) older son Adam, (played by Pernell Roberts) little Joe (also played the father in The Little House on the Prairie TV series) and Hoss Cartwright (played by Dan Blocker) I know I'm dating myself!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-13-2015 at 10:41 PM.

youre turn is comin dave................