Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Perch Trip Ruined!

Default A Perch Trip Ruined!

Last night wife let me out of a dinner commitment with the in-laws and I wasted no time in heading for the beach.

Went to a spot in NOSAMO that looked promising. Really excited about a chance to pursue my usual quarry, the majestic barred surf perch.

started with the LC. Those things may be good baits, but they make even better hay rakes! Every cast came back cloaked in a ball of eel grass.

Switched to a drop-shot set up and started getting bit... but it was nothing but these brown fish!

caught some other, smaller models and a big fat YFC... but alas, zero perch...

oh, well, maybe better luck next time I hope.

LoL ! Nice flat fish !

Those are perch...just brown and one-sided! Nice work Tim. Guess it beats dinner with the in-laws by a small margin.

Don

Awesome accomplishment Tim. Look at you "Mr Perchaholic"......slaying the flatties on the drop shot now. Welcome to the Dark Side Brotha

Heck...I just noticed you were drop shotting with a bait caster. LMAO..... Dude that's awesome. People always look at me like I'm nuts doing that but hey...Dragging baits is just dragging baits.

P.S.
    Your tape job SUCKS...Looks like it's 27" more or less?

----------<><
    Last edited by bones; 06-14-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Awesome accomplishment Tim. Look at you "Mr Perchaholic"......slaying the flatties on the drop shot now. Welcome to the Dark Side Brotha

Heck...I just noticed you were drop shotting with a bait caster. LMAO..... Dude that's awesome. People always look at me like I'm nuts doing that but hey...Dragging baits is just dragging baits.

P.S.
    Your tape job SUCKS...Looks like it's 27" more or less?

----------<><
    yeah, man... those flat fish are fun. taste acquired.

you know that bait caster is my new toy. I'm gonna take it to Balboa for tilapia too.

Well done CityDad!

TD

Curse those darn halibut!
    Haven't seen(or caught) many BSP down here in OC this year. I've caught more halibut than perch & more calico than halibut.
    Weird year, even had tuna crabs all over the place yesterday, but noth'n feed'n on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Homefish View Post
    Curse those darn halibut!
    Haven't seen(or caught) many BSP down here in OC this year. I've caught more halibut than perch & more calico than halibut.
    Weird year, even had tuna crabs all over the place yesterday, but noth'n feed'n on them.
    I was wondering about that... thought maybe there'd be a frenzy. perhaps the local surf species don't recognize 'em.

Default Legal

Nice Legal !!! The perch (at least some decent size one,s) nobody has
    been getting from that area !!! don,t know why

Damn those brown fish! They must have scared all the perch with those big ugly teeth.
    I always give up when my LC starts collecting salad. I need to dropshot the surf one of these days.
    Congrats on the brown fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast