Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: catfish stocking

Default catfish stocking

do the local park lakes get stocked with the kitties anymore? i know cerritos did for a derby recently and ralph clark has a derby but besides that are their any park stocking?

I called the DFG So Coast regional phone number and they said that catfish are being planted this year. They also said that the website should be updated with the planting schedule (but it isn't).

Last year the catfish plants started in late June. Then every other week through October. September started the trout plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp View Post
    I called the DFG So Coast regional phone number and they said that catfish are being planted this year. They also said that the website should be updated with the planting schedule (but it isn't).

Last year the catfish plants started in late June. Then every other week through October. September started the trout plants.
    Sounds too good to be true!!!! So it probably isn't!!!!! lol I've seen no evidence at all that any lake was stocked other then for a Kid's derby!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-22-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Sounds too good to be true!!!! So it probably isn't!!!!! lol I've seen no evidence at all that any lake was stocked other then for a Kid's derby!!!!
    So...DFG didn't stock any cats this year?

They just gonna pretend like it didn't happen? Or do they have study underway to let us know why they couldn't use our license fees as they should?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So...DFG didn't stock any cats this year?

They just gonna pretend like it didn't happen? Or do they have study underway to let us know why they couldn't use our license fees as they should?
    It's strange about the DFG, they really want ONLY to be in the enforcement game!!!!! Not in the angler enhancement part. Quick example, the DFG budget is 400-500 million dollars a year. Yet they claim they can't find $500,000 a year to do the Urban catfish planting. Sounds pretty lame to me!!!!