Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Catfish Tube Session 6/7/2015

Default Catfish Tube Session 6/7/2015

Couldn't wake up for the am session so i decided to do some night fishing.
    Started off tubing the catfish lake with two rods one shrimp and the other with a night crawler both fly line set up. Launched in the middle lake, With in 5 mins of trolling i get to the middle of the lake & boom i get smacked on the shrimp rod Fighting these kitties on light line is a blast landed that bad boy a solid 3lber. fished from 5:30 to 8pm on the tube and landed a total of 3, farmed 1 all solid 3 lbers. Also casted out from shore while i was putting my gear away and landed another one. Would've stayed longer but i didn't know my waders had a hole and i was filled with water so called a night at 9pm with a total of 4 cats. I couldn't get a picture of all the fish because i so was busy trying to stay warm and putting everything away

Bait: Shrimp & nightcrawlers
    Species: Cats

First time actually editing a video! I need some work lol
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 06-10-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Couldn't wake up for the am session so i decided to do some night fishing.
    Started off tubing the catfish lake with two rods one shrimp and the other with a night crawler both fly line set up. Launched in the middle lake, With in 5 mins of trolling i get to the middle of the lake & boom i get smacked on the shrimp rod Fighting these kitties on light line is a blast landed that bad boy a solid 3lber. fished from 5:30 to 8pm on the tube and landed a total of 3, farmed 1 all solid 3 lbers. Also casted out from shore while i was putting my gear away and landed another one. Would've stayed longer but i didn't know my waders had a hole and i was filled with water so called a night at 9pm with a total of 4 cats. I couldn't get a picture of all the fish because i so was busy trying to stay warm and putting everything away

Bait: Shrimp & nightcrawlers
    Species: Cats

First time actually editing a video! I need some work lol
    Good for you!!! I was only brave enough to my boat in that lake twice, but I had a good time both times I did it. Did you notice any rental boats in the Catfish Lake last time you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Good for you!!! I was only brave enough to my boat in that lake twice, but I had a good time both times I did it. Did you notice any rental boats in the Catfish Lake last time you were there.
    Yes i seen a group on a rental boat! Wouldnt hurt to rent one and sit in the middle of the lake

great job. i will be there soon

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillChaser View Post
    great job. i will be there soon
    Its on fire right now

What lake is it ?I would like to night fish for cats

Quote Originally Posted by fishead View Post
    What lake is it ?I would like to night fish for cats
    This lake is Santa Ana River lakes located in Anaheim. Night fishing at SARL is hot bring plenty of firewood and bait. They also offer over night camping for a good deal
    The spots i recommend would be by the boat dock, The Road & la palma point if fishing the big lake. Chris pond would by the inlet and towards the middle of the lake and as for the catfish lake (Catch & Release Lake) i would recommend by the trailer houses or the middle of the lake i always have good luck at those spots. Good luck to you here is their website so you can check out the information www.fishinglakes.com