Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skunk 6-6-2015

Default Skunk 6-6-2015

Went to SARL for the first time on Saturday 6-6-2015 and took a friend out of Norwalk for a day there. I saw that there was a stocking on Friday 6-5-2015. As far as I can tell everybody else on the lake including us got skunked. It was a nice day, and my friend had not had a chance to make it out to fish for many years. We tried several different lures on the Catch/Release lake and got no love. Then we tried bait and wait fly-lining with shrimp/marshmallow and just shrimp in the rainbow area.

We stayed till around 3:30PM. It was a nice day out, but just no fish.

Sorry to hear that but hey at least you had a good day with or without fish
    When fishing for catfish you want to fish either early am or when sun is setting and location is key
    I went out last night on (Sunday) on my float tube and caught my limit with in an hour fishing fly line Shrimp and nightcrawlers in the catfish lake.

Keeping heading out and sooner or later you'll have the lake dialed in

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Sorry to hear that but hey at least you had a good day with or without fish
    When fishing for catfish you want to fish either early am or when sun is setting and location is key
    I went out last night on (Sunday) on my float tube and caught my limit with in an hour fishing fly line Shrimp and nightcrawlers in the catfish lake.

Keeping heading out and sooner or later you'll have the lake dialed in

also having a float tube and a Fish finder helps lots. Look for some structure or the cats clumped up....

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    also having a float tube and a Fish finder helps lots. Look for some structure or the cats clumped up....
    Catfish stack up on each other but once you find that honey hole its game on