Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detailed June 7th report

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    You know the sheriff's didn't make one pass before we left at 11:15
    They have Sheriffs at Pyramid?!

Considering it looks like Mad Max - Fury Road on the water out there, I'm surprised the Sheriff even patrols.

I stopped by The Sheriff Shack once asking them what the law was with watercraft and how many feet they were supposed to be from the shoreline. They asked me to submit the question in writing and went back to patrolling their coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    They have Sheriffs at Pyramid?!

Considering it looks like Mad Max - Fury Road on the water out there, I'm surprised the Sheriff even patrols.

I stopped by The Sheriff Shack once asking them what the law was with watercraft and how many feet they were supposed to be from the shoreline. They asked me to submit the question in writing and went back to patrolling their coffee.
    Lol.

Last time I went I was launching my boat and one of the sheriff's walked up to my truck (window open) asked if it was my boat.

I said yes

He said my CF numbers need to be 3 inch not the 2 inch I have and I need to change it before I come back.

I said ok and done deal. I continued to back up and he looked at me with amazement and continued to walk as I reversed.

He said, do you a throwable

I said yup, got two

He said life jackets for the entire party.

Keep in mind I'm still reversing.

I said yes.

He said registration

As I'm looking in the mirror the whole discussion I said yes.

He then asks if he was distracting me .

I said nope.

Because I didn't grovel and thank him for giving me a pass on the CF numbers he continued with a rather overly investigative line of questions that served no other purpose than to make me aware of who is the boss and maybe pay more attention to him.

He eventually walked away with no kind words of have a good day or pleasantries you normally hear from law enforcement when you have a dealing with them

He eventually walked away with no kind words of have a good day or pleasantries you normally hear from law enforcement when you have a dealing with them
    Sounds like the Pyramid Lake Sheriffs I know.

Do they get promoted to these positions after doing a great job on the streets of unincorporated LA?

Most of these guys I wouldn't count on to be able to swim 50 feet to save someone who was drowning on the lake, although they did look quite buoyant.

The best?

Them yelling at me because they said I couldn't fish off the rocks near the marina.

"You can't fish off the rocks!!!"

"Yeah I can."

"OH...ok."

The stripers boiling yet? I lurk these forums for this info.

Not yet but it won't be long

Now that's a report,, WTG brother,,sorry I couldn't make it

T B

I was there one day last year and there was a group of drunks, who probably couldn't get their boat on the trailer sober, making a complete mess of loading it drunk. One was mad and braced me for looking at them. I just let that go but when he started threatening the ladies standing on the dock watching, I spoke to the Sheriff's Deputy, who was standing on the ramp, about them threatening the ladies.

Well, that brave little Deputy said he had "more important things to do!". I asked what and he said he had to direct traffic on the ramp.

I guess that I don't need to say that I was less than impressed with the Deputy Sheriff!

I'm sure that he would have arrested me if I had taken the guy up on his offer, because I'm a peaceful citizen, safe to approach!

I got spool,d by a sheriff year before last,,,

he was going at least 40mph,,lol my reel was SCREAMING

T/B

After reading this post again I think something was lost in the shuffle.

We did catch 15 or so fish. Was probably the hardest I had to work for 15 by 11 am but we made it happen.

Here's a short clip. Trying not to bloviate too much nowadays so I'm going to keep them quick

https://youtu.be/Tj4OLcbZAe0
    Last edited by cutbait; 06-08-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Thanks for the report Cutbait.

The lice at Pyramid are the worst! The Sherrifs run around taking their side and it makes it worse.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to use downriggers just to keep the rigs away from the lake lice.
    And the sheriff's propeller during those license checks.

After reading this post again I think something was lost in the shuffle.

We did catch 15 or so fish. Was probably the hardest I had to work for 15 by 11 am but we made it happen.

Here's a short clip. Trying not to bloviate too much nowadays so I'm going to keep them quick

https://youtu.be/Tj4OLcbZAe0

If you downsize your lures, you'll get limits!

Quote Originally Posted by DMS View Post
    And the sheriff's propeller during those license checks.
    Yea, no doubt!

I think they are volunteers or something. They seem like they have something to prove.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12