Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 7 pounder at Prado Lake.

Default 7 pounder at Prado Lake.

Got this big girl across from the marina in the clearing on the point. Tied on a brown crawdad color mid depth bomber crank. Three casts yields a 1 pound buck... 2 casts later through the same area and BANG!! my drag starts SCREAMING!! Thought she was gonna break me off for sure since Im using 8 lb flouroclear copolymer... not the strongest line... but a little bit later I had her up on the bank and was hootin and hollerin like crazy! Everyone on the bank was cheerin.... freakin sweet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150606_0001.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	46430

Nice catch...........I know that feeling will last all week!!

Hell yah!!! Way to go bro!

Have you been to Fisherman's Retreat lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bass View Post
    Hell yah!!! Way to go bro!

Have you been to Fisherman's Retreat lately?
    Yessir!! Been fishing the retreat from my raft mod, Its been a SUPER tough bite there though. None of my go to baits have been working, the only fish have come burning rattle baits over the grass in the middle lake... and even then there is no rhyme or reason to how or when they will bite. My buddy did pretty good throwing senkos a couple days ago so hopefully the bite is getting better....cuz you know I'll be there at dusk 3 times a week with the Topwater Crew when July rolld around...WHOOT!!! Hurry up topwater bite, lets get it POPPIN!! hahaha.