Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Green Valley 6-6-15

Default Green Valley 6-6-15

Hit up green valley today with my boy. Couldn't go out early and made it around 3. The place was packed tighter than sardines. People were right on top one another. Guy next to me said a guy in the early am limited out with power bait but they were there all day and got skunked also using pb. Got my boy one stocker on a mice tail and didn't see anyone else catch anything. Got several other bites but no takers. If you're gonna go out I recommend using a long liter. I got more bites as soon as I slid my bubble up to about 4 feet.

Default No Luck

Quote Originally Posted by StumpFisher View Post
    Hit up green valley today with my boy. Couldn't go out early and made it around 3. The place was packed tighter than sardines. People were right on top one another. Guy next to me said a guy in the early am limited out with power bait but they were there all day and got skunked also using pb. Got my boy one stocker on a mice tail and didn't see anyone else catch anything. Got several other bites but no takers. If you're gonna go out I recommend using a long liter. I got more bites as soon as I slid my bubble up to about 4 feet.
    I fished there from 5:30-9:00am 6/4 and never even got a bite. I only saw one fish caught during those hours. First time I have been skunked there.

Sorry to hear about your skunk. I've been there 3 times this season, 5/16, 5/23, 5/30.
    The first day was the best action i had on the lake so far catching 6 between 3 of us. Not great but it was action.
    Took us a while to finally figure them out. The following weekends not so good. I had some luck with 1 or 2 keepers
    rest being dinks. Every trip i have caught a 2+ Lber though. Last trip i had a maybe a 3 Lber but he spit the hook when he hit the surface.
    All fish came on powerbait and inflated NC. Leader length varies the first day i used a 24" and the following weekend has been between 30 "- 40".
    One thing i do gotta say about that lake is that people will fish REALLY CLOSE. Im not kidding everytime ive been there somebody has walked up
    and practically put there rod in my rod holder. If you got 5 to 10 feet of space open next to you i guarantee somebody will eventually fish next
    to you. Ive been patient but you almost wanna look at them and stop and say WTF is your problem but were there to fish not cause problems i
    just try to give at least 10 feet of room between my rods and 10 to 20 feet from the person next to me common courtesy.
    Well best of luck next time ima try to get out there in the next few weeks crowds are ridiculous. BTW every day ive fished from 5:30am to 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Corythomas1993 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your skunk. I've been there 3 times this season, 5/16, 5/23, 5/30.
    The first day was the best action i had on the lake so far catching 6 between 3 of us. Not great but it was action.
    Took us a while to finally figure them out. The following weekends not so good. I had some luck with 1 or 2 keepers
    rest being dinks. Every trip i have caught a 2+ Lber though. Last trip i had a maybe a 3 Lber but he spit the hook when he hit the surface.
    All fish came on powerbait and inflated NC. Leader length varies the first day i used a 24" and the following weekend has been between 30 "- 40".
    One thing i do gotta say about that lake is that people will fish REALLY CLOSE. Im not kidding everytime ive been there somebody has walked up
    and practically put there rod in my rod holder. If you got 5 to 10 feet of space open next to you i guarantee somebody will eventually fish next
    to you. Ive been patient but you almost wanna look at them and stop and say WTF is your problem but were there to fish not cause problems i
    just try to give at least 10 feet of room between my rods and 10 to 20 feet from the person next to me common courtesy.
    Well best of luck next time ima try to get out there in the next few weeks crowds are ridiculous. BTW every day ive fished from 5:30am to 3pm.

Thanks for the reports guys. I have been thinking about traveling up there for a try at those trout. It is good to know if there is a chance or not because it is day trip for me coming from OC. Looks like I will avoid weekends for sure. Any idea when they stock up there?

They stock on thursdays most of the time but just got to check the website http://greenvalleylake.blogspot.com/.they usually get stocks from jess ranch every week but when the state comes to stock they dont stock anything over a pound or so.
    went up there yesterday and caught 6 fish that were all less than a pound. I dont get it we pay 60 bucks for a fishing license and they cant even stock a fish over a pound in these state lakes. SAD
    Last edited by Corythomas1993; 06-28-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corythomas1993 View Post
    They stock on thursdays most of the time but just got to check the website http://greenvalleylake.blogspot.com/.they usually get stocks from jess ranch every week but when the state comes to stock they dont stock anything over a pound or so.
    went up there yesterday and caught 6 fish that were all less than a pound. I dont get it we pay 60 bucks for a fishing license and they cant even stock a fish over a pound in these state lakes. SAD
    this has been going on at green valley for around 3 years now

Was at GVL a couple of years ago and saw not one, but two LMB chilling up against the dam wall that had to be in the 6-7lb class. I bet they appreciate those 1lb +/- trout.