Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Meanmouth Bass Anyone?

Default Meanmouth Bass Anyone?

http://www.scout.com/outdoors/fishin...n-of-meanmouth

Interesting article on these guys. A largemouth and smallmouth cross. Do we have any of these around here anywheres?? Quinn, Quinn,..(long pause)....Bueller, Bueller,.............(longer pause)..........Anyone that knows it all on fishing..anyone
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 06-04-2015 at 09:31 PM.

I'm your huckleberry! I've caught numerous mean mouths at DVL. And spots and catcarps at Perris. I once caught a striper/bluegill hybrid on a piece of Bologna in the Santa Ana river. Lol, would be cool to get some of those at DVL.

Seal hunting the meanies?

I've seen a couple of questionable "hybrids" at DVL that I would classify as SMB due to their dorsal fin morphology, mouth hinge length and fin ray counts. I've also caught a few questionable hybrids out near Havasu. Didn't take the time to count fins there because I was too busy catching fish to care.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    http://www.scout.com/outdoors/fishin...n-of-meanmouth

Interesting article on these guys. A largemouth and smallmouth cross. Do we have any of these around here anywheres?? Quinn, Quinn,..(long pause)....Bueller, Bueller,.............(longer pause)..........Anyone that knows it all on fishing..anyone
    There are ALL KINDS of FEMALE MEANMOUTH BASS here in Hemet! If you come to town you will see them at the grocery store,Wallmart, the liquor store ,gas stations,Etc...Etc...Etc,,,,I personaly wouldn't want to catch one but it's a good bet they would put uo an exellent FIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    There are ALL KINDS of FEMALE MEANMOUTH BASS here in Hemet! If you come to town you will see them at the grocery store,Wallmart, the liquor store ,gas stations,Etc...Etc...Etc,,,,I personaly wouldn't want to catch one but it's a good bet they would put uo an exellent FIGHT!!!
    PLEASE NOTE....If you intend on "EATING" one of these things a rigorous cleaning of it and a proper disposal of all digital items is and will be in order!: Cool:

Noleash, your a bad man, now come and clean my keyboard up, for some reason its covered in coffee.

If this is real, awesome. If it's not real, someone needs to make those things in a secret underground pond and plant them all over like Johnny basple seed!

We've caught a few in the Colorado River lakes but not in DVL.

I've caught lots of Smallmouth at DVL, they put up a helluva good fight. While I'm not a biologist and certainly not a know-it-all, several of those catches had characteristics of both species. In my opinion as an angler I would say yes they are indeed in DVL and yes, they put up a helluva good fight hence the name "Meanmouth". But Smallies aren't they only species that can hybridize with LMB, Gills can too.

I posted this link on another thread, it's a good read;
    www.in-fisherman.com/bass/hybrid-black-bass