Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Float tubeing Piru Lake

Default Float tubeing Piru Lake

I wana change it up and fish waters that I never have before so I am going to give Piru a shot on the tube. I do have a few questions.

Where is the best place to launch at Piru?

Is there an area i should concentrate on?

What are the best lures to use there?

Any other info is appreciated.

Went today. Water is really low, I saw a couple boats not able to launch because of the depth. There is a lot of grass and weeds growing. Threw a square bill, senko, drop shot and a frog. only scratched a small one on the square bill. Talk to a couple of guys and the launch ramp and they only got one too. Cloudy and cool all day, steady wind about 15 - 20 MPH. I was off the water by noon.

After paying 19 dollars to fish, i think i will look for a new spot. Anyone got any ideas?

They let you Float tube Piru????

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinkal View Post
    Went today. Water is really low, I saw a couple boats not able to launch because of the depth. There is a lot of grass and weeds growing. Threw a square bill, senko, drop shot and a frog. only scratched a small one on the square bill. Talk to a couple of guys and the launch ramp and they only got one too. Cloudy and cool all day, steady wind about 15 - 20 MPH. I was off the water by noon.

After paying 19 dollars to fish, i think i will look for a new spot. Anyone got any ideas?
    Brite lake is $5 to fish. Tehachapi.