Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where the heck are the fish at Irvine Lake ? Bass - Fresh Water - Catfish

Switch up your presentation- try rigging a zoom fluke weightless with a finesse hook or dropshot hook- hook it through the belly in the center (through the two 'flaps'), and cast it out, then let it fall on slack line. GENTLY pull upwards, slowly, and give it a few 'pops', then let it sink back down. Ive been doing this lately and it's KILLING them.

Quote Originally Posted by volcomape View Post
    I am not sure man -Maybe - Theirs a lot of boats out there. I have a Stratos 176.

JC
    Were you out with the wife on sat. ? Saw you at the launch at end of the day. I was in a blue and grey Nitro. Sat. was kind of tough, how did you do?
    Last edited by BentRod; 06-07-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: missed word

Hey JC,

I had an epic day last Thursday. And the weekend was no different. The lake stocked thousands of pounds of quality channel catfish last Wednesday. These stockings will continue although I don't know the dates
    yet.

I produced an episode of Angler Chronicles on Irvine Lake a few weeks ago called "Bassin' 101 with Don Spencer. He probably knows the lake better than anyone. Here is a full commercial free copy of that episode:

https://vimeo.com/124176944

I am working on a catfishing episode that will air next Sunday, June 14, on FOX Sports West. It is one we produced mainly during this last week and shows the huge stocking last Wednesday as well as
    great catfishing over this last weekend. It is called "Catfishin' 101" and is all about rigging and techniques fishing catfish at Irvine Lake. This last weekend was outstanding fishing for cats.

You asked about spots. They change as these catfish do tend to keep on the move. The best spots we found were right out in front of the west shore launch ramp across from the main boat dock.
    Another good spot was right out in front of trout island. A pattern the stocker fish tend to take is moving up into the flats. Not sure if they have done that yet or not. But if you are not bit within 30 or 40
    minutes it is always a good idea to move even if only a short distance.

In this new episode you will see that we only flyline our baits for catfish. No sinkers. You probably already know that, JC. We have been using mainly the MackBaits from Bite-ON as well as getting some skipjack and
    bonito from local Asian markets and marinating in Bite-ON Cajun scent. You will see in this new show on FOX how Don likes to cut these big chunks while targeting the very big blue and channel catfish.

But the "stockers" we have been putting into the lake are far from "dinks." Most are in the 5 to 10 pound range. You will see all of this in the new show. I will be posting the trailer for the show
    within the next 24 hours so keep an eye out here on FNN as well as the Irvine Lake FaceBook.

Here are three more clips I produced in the last few days that you might enjoy including Opening Day and last Wednesday's stocking video.

https://vimeo.com/129969954
    https://vimeo.com/129850507
    https://vimeo.com/129734124

There are more stockings due real soon but again, I don't know the dates. There are a lot of hold over fish in the lake as well. Right now they tend to hang out in
    deeper water as one of the posters pointed out. West Shore and Rocky Point are good. Try positioning your boat in around 40 feet of water and casting toward the shore.
    Then work your bait slowly back toward the boat. You will see this technique that Don Spencer likes to use in our next show on June 14. I will also be posting this show to
    FNN and FB as soon as it has aired on FOX Sports.

Tight lines and hope to see you some day at Irvine Lake. You are obviously an avid fisherman and I would love to meet you. I have been fishing in Orange County both
    fresh and saltwater for more than 60 years !! Feel free to PM me or call my cell at (714) 296-6661.

Danny Jackson
    Angler Chronicles Television
    FOX Sports West
    Last edited by VineVideos; 06-08-2015 at 07:01 AM.

Zoom super Fluke Jr on a 3/0 hook fly lined or a zoom tiny fluke on the drop shot will get eatin all day long.....

Thank you very much Danny

JC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12