Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A few by the dam

Default A few by the dam

Fished the North shore near the dam on Saturday. Not the best time, started at about 11:30 and fished until about 1:00. Got three to cooperate, two on the night crawler and one on Chunky Cheese Gulp. All fish on the slip bobber about 10-12 feet down. Decent grade of fish. Saw several larger fish cruising slow just off the shore, but they weren't too interested in anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2168.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	46391   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2167.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	46390  

Nice fish. Is that a picture of you releasing the fish after jamming a finger through it's gills? That's a new form of catch & release that must be popular.

I was there this weekend camping at Serrano Campground. Tried 1 time on the north side and 2 times on the south side for not even a bite at the dam. I was soaking 1 rod with rainbow Powerbait on a sliding sinker rig and throwing a Kastmaster with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Nice fish. Is that a picture of you releasing the fish after jamming a finger through it's gills? That's a new form of catch & release that must be popular.
    My finger is not in contact with the gills, just holding the gill plate.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFish View Post
    I was there this weekend camping at Serrano Campground. Tried 1 time on the north side and 2 times on the south side for not even a bite at the dam. I was soaking 1 rod with rainbow Powerbait on a sliding sinker rig and throwing a Kastmaster with the other.
    I was fishing a slip bobber with the bobber stop set at about 10-12 feet. I found the night crawlers to draw more interest, but the Chunky Cheese did account for one fish. As the weather warms up, I usually still can find fish down by the dam, but deeper down around 20 feet. There is a website that posts lake conditions and depth of the thermocline...that's the depth you wanna be at.

was up there saturday, fished at windy point... night crawlers, Gulp garlic scent. nothing at all. A guy showed up and fished 20yrds down and got one bass and one cat on nightcrawlers.

Good to see both fish & water still in the lake. Thanks for sharing.