Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BAKO BOYS, Yellowtail, 100 lb Bluefins, Sav On tackle excitement and the best friends

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    awesome! We should run a FNN charter! I run one with friends every year, but it would be ablast getting on a charter in July, August or September. I normally run with the Pride or Voyager(out of SD), fishes up to 20. Last year, almost every trip was limits of YFT and lots of yellows/blues/dodos. Anyone interested?
    Count me in + 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Count me in + 3
    If it's a fun crew,shouldn't we use one of the fun sponsores?

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    If it's a fun crew,shouldn't we use one of the fun sponsores?
    That's a very good point!!!! The problem is we don't have that many choices with fun sponsors. Captains of sportfishing boats are kindly like women. They may sort of look alike, but they are very different in personality's and ability's!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That's a very good point!!!! The problem is we don't have that many choices with fun sponsors. Captains of sportfishing boats are kindly like women. They may sort of look alike, but they are very different in personality's and ability's!!!!
    How come Etuck you didn't show? How come you comment on this thread but have yet to comment on the subject matter in it? If I didn't know any better I would say....

I say sept,, as I am leaving my current employer and starting somewhere else, ,not sure right now how my schedule will work out

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    I say sept,, as I am leaving my current employer and starting somewhere else, ,not sure right now how my schedule will work out
    Don't forget Jr Striper fest around that time

1st part of oct,for jsf, ,that will happen no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    How come Etuck you didn't show? How come you comment on this thread but have yet to comment on the subject matter in it? If I didn't know any better I would say....
    Let me explain my half arse logic. As you well know, Mike and my buddy Glenn and myself went on a very pleasant boat ride on the Southern Cal on Tuesday. We didn't see smell or taste any Yellowtail on that trip. (that included all the passengers) I had Friday off, so I told Mike I would probably go on the Southern Cal and meet the Bako Boys in person. I've got two very secret handicapping tips on when these Yellowtail are going to explode the next day on any sportfishing boats. One of them is when they catch 50 Yellowtail or more on the afternoon run of any half-day boats. More often then not, the next day's morning run the fish will really bite. That's what happened on Thursday, the New Seaforth caught 70 Yellowtail on their afternoon run. I checked the Southern Cal count on Thursday it was 2 Yellowtail. Now I've got a choice, take a pleasant boat ride on the Southern Cal on Friday and meet the Bako Boys. OR Slay a whole bunch of Yellowtail on another Boat. As I said earlier, "I GOT GREEDY!!!!!!!" I went for the big slay that I thought would happen, unfortunately it didn't. So I not only missed an opportunity to be tortured by the Bako Boys, lol I also missed a good opportunity on the Southern Cal to actually catch a Yellowtail. As I said, "that was my dumb half arse logic."
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-01-2015 at 07:33 PM.

You chose your bed and slept in it.

Had you chose good juju and positive Karma as we did I bet your success would have made for a better experience.

Our group did on every instance this weekend and we were rewarded again and again and made for great memories and closer ties between us.

But you chose selfish interests and we're spurned correct?. All I'm going to say is you were invited and chose your priorities above all else.
    Last edited by cutbait; 06-01-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Let me start out by saying "WOW" What a weekend!

Over the years I have been fishing buddies with CB & TB all From FNN. That's all it really was. Buddies I met here online who I saw once in awhile and fished with them at STRIPER events. Then it slowly turned into taking turns jumping on each other's boat over the years with Brian (Double A) who I regret not forcing to come with us.

Then it turned to calling each other talking chit over the years. Chasing STRIPER boils etc. Well, I can truly say I had an awesome time with these guys and they are not just online fishing buddies, these guys are my friends. These are guys I would break bread with.

On to the trip.
    This trip started out with me talking to CB About joining me on a 1/2 day like he said. I was shocked when he said he was in. Then I got more shocked and happy when he said TB was in too. Then he said he was bringing his son Eddie and a friend from online Derrik. Now I'm thinking what kind of kinky chit is CB INTO wtf? Haha. Well, I had the pleasure of meeting Derrik for the 1st time who is great people and fit in perfect. Felt like I known him for years and would fish with him anytime again. Now, The one person that was missing from this trip that would have made it much better was our buddy Brian(Double A). Next time We are gonna force him to call in sick.

We all meet early Friday before the boat leaves with a PACKED 1/2 day boat of 50 PEOPLE! ! OMG is all I'm thinking. Cutbait paid for my fare on his credit card before the trip and wouldn't let me pay him when I got there. Thank you Mike for that was very generous of you. This whole trip was everyone doing things for each other and happy to do it. It was all about good Karma. And I didn't give a chit if I catch fish. My buddies from up North are with me here in my town. That alone made it a success. BONUS? we had CB's son join us who is TRULY A FANTASTIC KID and killer little fisherman. All I wanted was for these guys to hook up more then me so they can have a great experience and want to do this more often with me. Well, like cb said, him and TB got swirled on with no commitment. They didn't give a chit, they were laughing there arses off about it and being great sports. I don't want to hang around people who put fishing before friendships. These guys truly put friendships first. They weren't uptight, they weren't ticked off they drove down here, they were just happy we were all together and so was I!

Morning rolls with boils and no hookups. Me, CB, Derrik, & TB Start the morning off throwing surface irons and I think somewhere around 930 Eddie hooks up and lands a toad on bait. At this point, I go to Mike and say " Our trip is made" who gives a chit if anyone of us catch a fish. Just seeing his smile from ear to ear was worth a million bucks. He agreed! AWESOME watching Eddie's face land that Slug! And ANOTHER ONE!!! First timer and LANDS 2!! Kids an animal!

Being on a party boat with 50 people I realized this wasn't the best place to throw irons when guys at the bow are throwing bait. I quickly adjusted and changed to bait while TB & CB Stayed with irons. I knew the time would come to throw strictly surface irons when I was on my boat.

Yes I got lucky and landed 2 on bait. One which just about spooled me. I just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Trip ends and I am so Bummed they are doing an overnighter and could not join them. So I decide to drag them to Sav On to show then what an awesome tackle shop and incredible group of guys running it. Plus I was trying to prolong the time hanging with these guys while they were in my town.

Little did I know Scott was going to be the star of the show and stop this guy from stealing. He literally ran in front of the guy and insisted for the rods back. This thief was BIG. He took one look at Scott and knew Scott was bigger and totally capable of laying him out. Trying to get through Tb, he kinda pushes him and Scott gives him a fair warning if he does it again he was gonna lay him out. The OP surrenders and we all walked him back to be arrested and watch him be carried out in a stretcher. (You would be panting your last breath too if TB Jumped in your face)

All day Saturday I was going crazy checking 976 tuna to see how there boat was doing. All I saw was there boat had about 8 fish on deck with the last 2 being about 55-60lbs.

I was just praying that one of them landed this fish. Well they didn't. All they said was slow boat, some hot chicks(WTF?) and a grumpy old man. Haha. Oh and they couldn't wait to do it again on another boat.
    COUNT ME IN

These guys are awesome and I can't wait to share a rail with them again.

I wish we all lived close! Then I thought about it. Thankfully we don't!!
    We would be getting into too much trouble and all of our wives would leave us. lol

P.S. Sorry if this reply bored you and I'm sure I repeated 1/2 the stuff CB said.
    Last edited by MikesOcean; 06-01-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast