Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14.75 inch Bluegill!

Default 14.75 inch Bluegill!

Here's a photo of the mount my friend made of an incredible trophy Bluegill that was almost 15 inches long! The fish was caught from a farm pond in Page County Iowa, on a chartreuse spinnerbait, while the guy was bass fishing. (So many of these giant BGs and REs are caught accidentally, while the fisherman is trying to catch bass..) Catching a Bluegill this big is like hooking and landing a 20 pound Largemouth..

that's a huge bluegill!!! I have always appreciated the talent put in, to make these mounts look so awesome! Thanks for sharing fishmounter1

is that your work?

No that's not my work. Here's mine. A different color phase of Bluegill..

Wow,both gills are awesome looking!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    No that's not my work. Here's mine. A different color phase of Bluegill..

oh wow! that is great!

very impressive!

I really like the colors in your bluegill. We have a few ponds within 1/2 mile of my house that produce bluegill and redear almost that size. I had to step up my tackle as I was loosing most of the ones I would hook.

Actually, that big 13 inch, 3 pound Bluegill I molded and cast as a reproduction mount was from a Lake Perris Lake Record Bluegill from 1993 (I think). The actual live fish was very dark, almost black, and that is how most of the really big male Perris Bluegill are colored. The Bluegills that were caught at the lake back in the 1990s were purebred Florida "coppernose" Bluegill, and the large spawning males were a really dark purplish-black. I made myself a replica from that mold, but for my fish that was put up at a tackle shop, I decided to paint it as a regular Norther-strain Bluegill, which is how most fishermen remember Bluegills looking like.

Both bluegills are beautiful fish!

MM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Art2013Owl.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	46367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	streetartnews_nychos_jeffsoto_hawaii-1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	46368Very nice work. Hey Jeff I know your son is a artist and well known for his street art. Are these some of his. I seen a cool video of him painting a while back in a special car.Attachment 46364

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast