Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the difference with a Berka and a fishing Video?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    At first I thought Lady Q responded by the way it was all broken down. I could argue my half arse points but I won't. I meant them to be entertaining while still be trying to make a point. The big point I was trying to make that this is a fishing web site. Yet the rarest thing on here are fish reports. Strange isn't it!!!!! Just to show you how ridicules that really is, suppose this was a luxury car website. Who would read a luxury car website if they never actually talk about whole cars just parts of a car. (see my point) It's easy to understand why nobody but the brave few (me included) actually write fish reports with all the negative criticism that so many of them draw.

I do want to talk about why I write fish reports without pictures. I'm trying to write a fish report with more detail then most (without pictures) to let the readers imagination take over. (novel concept) In today society it's all about bling and someone just showing you something and say here it is!!! I'll give you another example of what I'm talking about. (no strip club metaphors in this one) lol I'm 55 years old, when I was in elementary school my teachers use to read us classic childrens story's after lunch with no pictures. I still remember a couple of them, James and the giant peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The whole purpose was for the children to imagine in their minds the events. No two children would imagine it the same way. Now a days they would probably just show you the movie and everyone would see the same thing, as Hollywood would want you to see it. I wrote one of my famous Yellowtail story's in March about catching them in a down pour, it included hail and a waterspout. (no pictures) One of the most respected members of this board (trolly) commented by using his imagination that he wanted to put on his rain gear in his house. (pictures just wouldn't do that) You love to acuse me of being Buzz Klington. Well today DS I'm going to acuse you of being Buzz. I just got off of the Enterprise (sportboat) today and we caught 5 Yellowtail between Glenn and myself. I was going to write this nice fish report about the adventure (without pictures) but now you killed my Buzz and I don't feel like doing it. lol

well, do you see the name by the post?? near the beginning?????

that's how you tell who wrote it.

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-02-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: just a tidbit of help there, boy.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

well, do you see the name by the post?? near the beginning?????

that's how you tell who wrote it.

So what are you trying to say???? Lady Q hacked DS account and is being an imposter. If that's the case my apology's to DS. I wasn't really mad. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-02-2015 at 11:02 PM.

So what are you trying to say???? Lady Q hacked DS account and is being an imposter. If that's the case my apology's to DS. I wasn't really mad. lol

* i thought you were tired mr re-edit, is this supposed to be more humorous than your original post????? lol

not really trying to say anything,,,,, what are you mad about?????

try to remember pucker tuck, i don't share knowledge, sorry.

besides, you're so good at essplainin' things, i can't wait for your next spewing of expert knowledge (that car website essplaination, it's classic!)

btw, you were all over the board with all of your last essplainations; get some rest, gather all those whimsical thoughts bouncing around in your noggin and re-write them into your more usual scientifical dissertations in the morning!

I'll try to re-read them when they make more sense!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Ohhh Lucy, Ricky says: "muchas gracias y buenos nachos con jalapenos! Get sus bongos ready, I's comin to bed!!!!!".

please don't tell me you're not married either! please don't. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You know, for one, it's "Burka" or "Burqa." Not Berka. Now, if you're going to have your thesis statement compare two things, it always helps to be wise and make sure you know how to spell the items you are comparing. Just saying.

No, but I've always wondered, "How on earth can someone actually compare fishing videos to an item comprised of some other culture's dress code. But, wait, here it comes!:

No, I'd never equate someone posting a video to someone wearing a Burka, but go on:

USA! USA!

Now, how does some other culture's dress code have to do anything with a fishing video?

No, the criticism that usually occurs is when the poster tells people to make sure sensitive areas are well taken care of or how they're hitting a super secret "Ninja" spot that nobody knows of, but then go ahead and post their report on a message board (and their blog) where 20 million locals have access to. This isn't rural Wyoming where the population doesn't exceed the amount of sheep, and divulging a hot bite on a certain waterway through a report will not receive an influx of pressure simply because a report was posted. But, in your testing, I'm sure you took into consideration that we live in Southern California?

Christ, this should be good.

You yourself, huh? Must be mighty awesome to know that the entire basis of analysis for this hugely populated metropolis can be analyzed by your simple testings. But go on....

I figured I wouldn't even delve into this astute analysis, but eTucker, did you take a logistics, or statistical course at a higher level? If so, did they teach you about sample sizes and sample items? Are you assuming all lurkers want to catch hatchery raised catfish at your specific local cement pond? (Hint: You did)

Jeez, where to start. Well, I'm still wondering how your 6 tests suddenly determines the entire pattern for "bucket fisherman" in such a huge sample area. 6 tests, for 1 species, at 1 park? Now that's some analysis Nielsen cannot argue with.

Wow, and you also majored in Psychology? Next thing I'm gonna hear is you trying to compare fishing videos to a strip club.

And I don't even have to write anything in regards to your last statement to sum up this awesome post.

Thank you again, eTucker. You have enlightened everyone. Thank you for your testing and contributions to analyzing fishing patterns in the southern part of our state. Although, while we enjoy your testing and analysis here, I personally would rather you post pictures of the yellowtail you caught in your last outing, than try to claim that the 6 fake posts you made didn't attract any lurkers, thus no lurkers lurk this message board.
    Thanks DS for giving me soooo much ammunition to respond too. When I write anything even in jest, I have some bases of logic I draw upon. So when ever I get bored on FNN I can now go to your response and pick any one of your comments and have some fun with it. I'll just pick an easy one today so everyone will get the idea of what I'm doing. Thanks again for giving me a smorgasbord of responses to pick from.

HOW DOES A BURKA AND A FISHING VIDEO COMPARE TO EACH OTHER????

Let me first address my miss spelling of the word Burka. Unlike other's (Dev for example) I never reprint someone else's articles or idea's. Everything I write comes from my brain spontaneously, I never look things up, "I either know it or I don't!!!!!" I've heard the word Burka used my times, so I spelled it as it sounds. Sorry for not taking the time to look it up, (I think people call that being anal) for picking on the little things without looking at the big picture. lol Spontaneous oral arguments is what I do best!!!! (In a debate I'm KILLER) I think I said enough on spelling!!!!!

Let's get back to how you can compare a Burka to a fishing video. When a women wears a Burka and a Veil, the only visible parts of her you can see is her eyes. If it wasn't for the needs of her eyes to see, "I think they would have covered them up too." The Burka is always colored black, in other words they are really trying to make the women appear to be invisible to other men. Some people believe their favorite fishing hole should also appear to the rest of the world to be invisible!!!!!! In no way shape or form should a video ever be made of their favorite fishing hole. Now back to the Burka, the only people who should know what's under the Burka is the woman's family. The same goes with a fishing hole, the only ones who should know it exist is the brotherhood of the local anglers. In both cases neither of them should ever be seen by the general population.

That's the best I can do to explain comparing a Burka and people not wanting to see a video made on their favorite fishing hole. Since I don't think like a paranoid, if that explanation isn't good enough, someone who speaks both Paranoia and English should chime in. lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-04-2015 at 11:57 AM.

I do want to talk about why I write fish reports without pictures. I'm trying to write a fish report with more detail then most (without pictures) to let the readers imagination take over. (novel concept) In today society it's all about bling and someone just showing you something and say here it is!!!
    Holy crap we agree on something.

Wow, he doubled down.

Incredible.

Wow, he doubled down.

Incredible.
    You haven't seen nothing yet!!!!!!!!

What next?

You gonna ask us what the difference is between fishing pics and a Cheyenne war bonnet?

What next?

You gonna ask us what the difference is between fishing pics and a Cheyenne war bonnet?
    No, you brought up 6 or 7 questions in your response to my thread. I was going to address each and everyone one of them 1 or 2 at a time. Imagine if I addressed them all at the same time!!!! It would be pages long and nobody would read the whole thing. I always will stand by anything I write on here!!!!!! Everyone might not agree with me, but there is always some kind of logic behind it!!!!!

That's exactly what we've seen - nothing.

And now according to your last post, we can expect three to six more posts from you of the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast