Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the difference with a Berka and a fishing Video?

Default What's the difference with a Berka and a fishing Video?

To some there is no difference, they both should be used in the same manner. To cover up and conceal to other men, something that might get them excited. (for those who may not know what a Berka is, it's the head to toe garment that some Arabic men make their women wear in public) Have you ever noticed that any fishing videos posted on FNN will almost always get the infamous line, "YOUR SHOWING TOO MUCH ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!!!" The same way some Arabic men feel about their women being seen in public. If you would now try to tell Western women to cover up or dress more modestly what do you think their response would be???? My best guess is, "to kiss my ARSE!!!!" Yet on a fishing web site, there is almost always criticism giving out on any fishing Video posted on here. Why is that???? The first response most likely giving is, "the Bucket fishermen are patrolling FNN looking for hot tips to descend on any lake that is producing!!!!" I hate to break it to you, "that's just not true!!!!!" Why can I say that??? "I conducted my own experiment on that very subject." I myself here on FNN reported in real time, that there is a wide open catfish bite going on in a FREE Lake and come on down and get some!!!!! If that's not enough to get a bucket fishermen excited I don't know what is. The end result was nobody showed up!!! I conducted this same experiment 6 times and only 1 time a single couple showed up. I wasn't reporting I was catching 2-3 catfish a day but 50-100 a day. Yet no one showed up!!!!!! So that argument is worthless!!!! What else you got!!!!!! Paranoia, selfishness, small ego that better fishermen are going to show up and out fish you or just some other psychological reason or maybe, "I just can't handle it." Have you ever noticed that a topless bar will serve you alcohol. Yet a full nude bar won't!!! You know why??? Some men just can't handle seeing it all with alcohol in their system. The same way with a fishing video!!! "SOME MEN JUST CAN'T HANDLE SEEING IT ALL!!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-30-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Well in the surf it appears much different. A hole or good trench that is biting gets wiped out in a week if a beach and lifeguard tower are posted in a pic. I have seen it many times.

Additionally, on a slightly different note when someone reports a specific bait is biting for LMB, you see everyone and their mother throwing it putting the fishery under great pressure and shutting it down. That is why a lot of us will say reaction bait vs. saying specifically a blade or crankbait bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Well in the surf it appears much different. A hole or good trench that is biting gets wiped out in a week if a beach and lifeguard tower are posted in a pic. I have seen it many times.

Additionally, on a slightly different note when someone reports a specific bait is biting for LMB, you see everyone and their mother throwing it putting the fishery under great pressure and shutting it down. That is why a lot of us will say reaction bait vs. saying specifically a blade or crankbait bite.
    Just a fishing statement in general, fishing changes on a day by day basis. Post a video a month later, those fish have moved on to something else!!

FNN doesn't have the influence people think it does. The one that has the most and nobody even talks about here is Western Outdoor News!!!! (most people brag when they get their picture in there) They have a 100 times the followers of FNN and they blow up hundreds of spots every week. Yet those spots survive!!!! FNN is a good news bad news story. It allows EVERYONE to state their opinion. (which is a good thing) However, it does expose peoples weakness. Such as Paranoia, jealousy's, selfness or just their plain insecurities in general. When someone takes the time to write a good fish report with pictures and Videos they should be thanked by everyone for their efforts. Not spending their time defending their report. If you got a problem with someone report, start a thread bringing up WHATEVER issue you got. That what I did we this thread, instead of attacking the hater's. (It was tempting though) lol OR just keep your insecurities to yourself.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-31-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    To some there is no difference, they both should be used in the same manner. To cover up and conceal to other men, something that might get them excited. (for those who may not know what a Berka is, it's the head to toe garment that some Arabic men make their women wear in public) Have you ever noticed that any fishing videos posted on FNN will almost always get the infamous line, "YOUR SHOWING TOO MUCH ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!!!" The same way some Arabic men feel about their women being seen in public. If you would now try to tell Western women to cover up or dress more modestly what do you think their response would be???? My best guess is, "to kiss my ARSE!!!!" Yet on a fishing web site, there is almost always criticism giving out on any fishing Video posted on here. Why is that???? The first response most likely giving is, "the Bucket fishermen are patrolling FNN looking for hot tips to descend on any lake that is producing!!!!" I hate to break it to you, "that's just not true!!!!!" Why can I say that??? "I conducted my own experiment on that very subject." I myself here on FNN reported in real time, that there is a wide open catfish bite going on in a FREE Lake and come on down and get some!!!!! If that's not enough to get a bucket fishermen excited I don't know what is. The end result was nobody showed up!!! I conducted this same experiment 6 times and only 1 time a single couple showed up. I wasn't reporting I was catching 2-3 catfish a day but 50-100 a day. Yet no one showed up!!!!!! So that argument is worthless!!!! What else you got!!!!!! Paranoia, selfishness, small ego that better fishermen are going to show up and out fish you or just some other psychological reason or maybe, "I just can't handle it." Have you ever noticed that a topless bar will serve you alcohol. Yet a full nude bar won't!!! You know why??? Some men just can't handle seeing it all with alcohol in their system. The same way with a fishing video!!! "SOME MEN JUST CAN'T HANDLE SEEING IT ALL!!!!"

lol pucker boy

nah won awn heaahh beleeves ya an all ya cwap anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

silly wabbit

50-100 cats outta la mirada? foolishness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you ain't that gooda fisherman!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

???????????

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 05-31-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: some men do handle it when they see it all lol drink or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

lol pucker boy

nah won awn heaahh beleeves ya an all ya cwap anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!

silly wabbit

50-100 cats outta la mirada? foolishness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you ain't that gooda fisherman!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

???????????

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foolish mortal, "I AM THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ok.

btw,

you forgot: logical, empirical, smartical, scientifical, along with goodical.

whew, pure genius(ical).

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 05-31-2015 at 01:32 PM. Reason: you're just a popsicle

I just want to know what happened, ,we missed you on friday,could used your help at save on tackle.

Trail blazer

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    I just want to know what happened, ,we missed you on friday,could used your help at save on tackle.

Trail blazer
    I got Greedy and went on another boat and paid the ultimate price!!!!! A big fat ZERO was my tally for the day!!!!! 2 fish the day before on the Southern Cal didn't look all that promising, instead I jumped on a Boat that caught 83 Yellowtail on Thursday. But alas, I should have stuck to my guns and fished with you guys. I might have been a Hero instead I was just a Zero!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-31-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I got Greedy and went on another boat and paid the ultimate price!!!!! A big fat ZERO was my tally for the day!!!!! 2 fish the day before on the Southern Cal didn't look all that promising, instead I jumped on a Boat that caught 83 Yellowtail on Thursday. But alas, I should have stuck to my guns and fished with you guys. I might have been a Hero instead I was just a Zero!!!!!!
    Wait till you see our report

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast