Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Owens drift May 8,9,10

Default Owens drift May 8,9,10

Did some drifting on the Owens , we hit the Collins road area above Big Pine . Friday we started our drift at 11am back to camp by 7 pm . We C & R 5 nice bows to 20 inches . Saturday we went from Collins down about 1 1/2 miles . Started that drift at 8am, and we got 9 bows 1 small brown all released . Saturdays trip the fish were larger and we had some bigger ones get off , my partners 19 incher was big fish that day . Sunday we went from about a mile above the 168 Hwy . We nailed 6 and one that went 22 inches and none under 12 inches . It was a nice weekend as we never saw any other fisherman . We drifted on my 8 foot fiberglass drift boat .
    Last edited by dhntr48; 05-29-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Could you post a picture of your eight foot drift boat? Is it a homemade/kit or commercial. We once had a "dinghy/dory" as the tender for our sailboat in Los Angeles Harbor that could be taken through the surf. It was fiberglass with wooden gunwales.

That would work fine , my boat is 4 X 8 feet 15 inches deep 70 pounds wood and fiberglass . Used it on a few steelhead rivers . I have pictures on my phone have to figure out the picture thing.