Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Casitas, anyone fish there?

Default Casitas, anyone fish there?

Hi,
    I just moved to Santa Paula recently. Took the wife and kids up to Casitas on Monday to rent a boat for an hour and put around. Just wanted something different to do and we had a blast!

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you fish there and could give me some info on it?
    I don't have a boat and won't rent one very often so I'd be fishing from the shore. I love fishing for anything, but bass and catfish would be main targets.
    Also, is there a way to get around the $15 parking/day use fee?
    Thanks!
    Chad

Chad,

I see a few cars parked on the outskirts, which I assume means the anglers walked in. But, I don't know if parking on the side of the road is legal there, and I never want to take the risk so I pony up the fee to park inside.

As far as fishing, the lake is always consistent during the Spring. I've only fished for largemouth out there, but the usual offerings gets fish to go. Fly lined Senkos, drop shotted Roboworms will take their fair share of bass.

I've had success on shore and off a boat. Just focus hitting the usual structure that these bass like to wander around, such as lake points and transition drop offs. When the largies spawn, hitting the back of coves is usually a sure bet.

I've never fished for cats, but I assume a piece of mackerel fly lined should get those kitties to go.

Good luck!

I remember when they thought the next world record would come out of Casitas

DarkShadow- Thanks for the info! I'll have to get out there soon and give it a shot!

Stormcrow- With the water level so low, it shouldn't be hard to find now.