Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hollywood reservoir ???

Default Hollywood reservoir ???

Anyone fished Hollywood Reservoir,I saw it on google maps the other day,looks pretty good spot to fish.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    Anyone fished Hollywood Reservoir,I saw it on google maps the other day,looks pretty good spot to fish.
    Thanks.
    I haven't tried yet but i'm planning on doing so...

I *think* it may be off limits, considering the No Trespassing signs that line the entire area, but I'm sure some ninja will try to attempt it soon.

Fished it for 6 hours one night while I was hanging with a cell phone tower crew. Looked awesome but no fish. All around the lake there are metal barrels that dribble green algaecide into the water. Fished the dam and the boat dock for nothing. Not a bite,tug, or anywhere to eat....

Thanks for all your info guys !
    Sure looks great place to fish.

I grew up in that area and used to ride my bike around the lake (late 70's, early 80's). Despite the lake manager telling me that there were no fish in the lake, I would see bass cruising the shallows. Me and my friends didn't dare try to fish there. The manager was a mean 'ol' dude.
    Then one day I saw a huge school of crappies below the dam. That was it. We had to fish it. Somehow we just had to.
    Well, we figured out a way to sneak it, and we caught lots of really big slab crappies! No bass though. We fished it until the day we got caught. That ended that.
    I've been gone from there for years. I don't know if there's anymore fish left there, but I do know you can't legally fish there, lol!