Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fluke x 2

Default Fluke x 2

Any one fish a double fluke set up? I really never fished a Fluke before so was searching the web for tips and came across this set up.It uses two swivels one slides above the other and both baits rigged tex style.I set one up and threw awhile last time out (no bites yet lol ) and was very impressed with the action of the baits.Both baits with the twitch of the rod tip will sway and swim in a similar manner like two bait fish on their own.Will def be playing more with this set up! Cheers!
    https://youtu.be/VxAjKSL0bjQ
    Last edited by Riverdale; 05-26-2015 at 12:41 PM.

I've been throwing that rig at el cap on busters and have had very good luck this year.I've been throwing standerd flukes and downsizing to clone frys when they key on small bait. I've had 3 doubles so far and those schoolies fight a lot harder when there's 2 on the line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-26-16-17-09.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	46339  
    Last edited by Stray Cat; 05-26-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Got this on a double fluke rig on the lower Colorado
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150419_150835.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	46338  

Oh Hell Ya, that's what i`m talking about.Headed to Castaic next and will give it a go for sure, Thanx for posting your Pix!!!!

I love the double fluke rig (aka Donkey Rig). As you note, it's a lot of fun to see those flukes dart around. I seem to catch most of my smallies on that rig. I find it easier to tie the first hook directly on the line, leave an extra long tag (dropshot style) and tie the second hook onto the tag. First thing in the AM, twitch, pause, twitch to get them to walk back and forth. Tons of fun to see the bass come up from the depths to smash it!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    Any one fish a double fluke set up? I really never fished a Fluke before so was searching the web for tips and came across this set up.It uses two swivels one slides above the other and both baits rigged tex style.I set one up and threw awhile last time out (no bites yet lol ) and was very impressed with the action of the baits.Both baits with the twitch of the rod tip will sway and swim in a similar manner like two bait fish on their own.Will def be playing more with this set up! Cheers!
    https://youtu.be/VxAjKSL0bjQ
    If you surf fish this rig is killer on Halibuts off the surf and killer on boiler rocks for bass I mean killer

This rig runs nice. Savage gear always demonstrates this rig at Fred Hall.

Nice rig you have there