Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Swimbait slammer PB

Default The Swimbait slammer PB

Hey Everyone , its been a while since I've put up a report. "Luck" has been on my side lately , and i have been blessed with a few encounters with Mother natures BEAUTS. This post is dedicated to all the heartbreaks i have had with leopards in the past few months . My local Haunts have been overwhelmed with grass lately , so i have been doing a lot of searching for cleaner water , and my search took me down to the south bay, yesterday the search paid off big time. 1 st swimsbait slammer of the day was a 10" calico , then came a descent perch , then a Short Ghost , then i tied my PB Bean 24" (Swimbait inhaler)LoL. And then my swimbait gets slammed soooooo hard i was lucky the beast didn't take the rod out of my hands . Then it was a Violent 10 minute tug of war , at first i thought i had a TOAD ghost on , but it showed itself a few minutes into the fight . Here She is guys, 62 inches of PB Kitty on a 4" Zman swimmie and 3/8 oz lead head .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11289482_10203287669586667_3562403027859060701_o.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	46334
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11357279_10203287677746871_4489705645016720434_o.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	46335

Tight lines,
    Edgar
    Last edited by Edgar; 05-26-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Nice leopard buddy, that thing is a brute!

Nice Leo Edgar. Beats my PB Leo for sure!
    You are starting to remind me of fishep..... Fishing all over the place!
    How hard was it to stand in the water and snatch a big ol leo with a blue plastic lip gripper as it swam up to you anyways

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Nice Leo Edgar. Beats my PB Leo for sure!
    You are starting to remind me of fishep..... Fishing all over the place!
    How hard was it to stand in the water and snatch a big ol leo with a blue plastic lip gripper as it swam up to you anyways
    It was pretty tough , leopards have a thing for cheap blue plastic lipers . Its just a matter of time , i am positive you'll pull out something extraordinary soon and bash my leo to the ground .

Wow, awesome catch.
    That definitely is a nice kitty right there.
    And on the swimbait!? haha, thats awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Wow, awesome catch.
    That definitely is a nice kitty right there.
    And on the swimbait!? haha, thats awesome.
    Yup, on the swimbait, i guess she was hungry . Luck was on her side though, she ate the "right" swimbait , and was free to go after a couple pics , swam off nice and strong!

From the surf,sweet!

Cya Tuna Vic