Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know about the stingrays in the lagoon?

Default Does anyone know about the stingrays in the lagoon?

Last night I was on the swim beach side and off the dock I shined the flash light in the water and to my surprise 2 freshwater stingrays not to big about a foot and a half or maybe a little bigger what I found strange is that these are illegal in California and that they were at the swim beach side has anyone else seen them and were they dumped in there by someone or its some kind of a study. It really interesting

I'm sure that those aren't the only extra fish in the lagoon. Interesting find though. Got any pics?

I few years back i read somewhere, it was belived that there were electric eels in the aquduct. Intresting!!

No no pics it just happened so fast and electronic eels in the duct that's just funny

Have you notice any Striper..?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo818 View Post
    No no pics it just happened so fast and electronic eels in the duct that's just funny
    Darn. I wonder what kind of species they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_obet View Post
    Have you notice any Striper..?
    I personally haven't seen them but fish and game did confirm there is a few in there they think people are catching them from the upper lake and releasing them in the lagoon he said he has personally seen a few caught last week

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Darn. I wonder what kind of species they are.
    I have no idea I was shocked to see them but if it helps the color of them was kind of off white

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo818 View Post
    I personally haven't seen them but fish and game did confirm there is a few in there they think people are catching them from the upper lake and releasing them in the lagoon he said he has personally seen a few caught last week
    That's weird. Every time I've livewelled a striper, it has died within 5 minutes, even the smaller ones, thanks to the amount of lactic acid buildup plus the confined space.

I wonder how those people keep them alive long enough to be able to transplant them to the lagoon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    That's weird. Every time I've livewelled a striper, it has died within 5 minutes, even the smaller ones, thanks to the amount of lactic acid buildup plus the confined space.

I wonder how those people keep them alive long enough to be able to transplant them to the lagoon.
    i dont know but they are getting in there some how

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast