Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: silverwood lmb

Default silverwood lmb

I'm not really experienced in hunting lmb,so not sure if what happened this morning is normal behavior.I was throwing a sammy at dawn and varying my retrieve to try and get one to commit.I know it was an lmb because i saw it jump,the dam,thing smacked my lure 4 times in one retrieve,not sure if it was just missing it or being aggresive and pushing it around.It gave me quite a chuckle though......normal behavior?

It might have been being aggressive or possibly protecting fry. I've seen a bunch attack coots that swim over their fry.

A bunch of small bass were on beds 2 weeks ago while I was kayaking. I want to take my kayak there tomorrow and try to catch some bass but I'm not sure it will be worth going with all the people that will be there

How was it this morning, sealclubber, was there a lot of people?

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    It might have been being aggressive or possibly protecting fry. I've seen a bunch attack coots that swim over their fry.

A bunch of small bass were on beds 2 weeks ago while I was kayaking. I want to take my kayak there tomorrow and try to catch some bass but I'm not sure it will be worth going with all the people that will be there

How was it this morning, sealclubber, was there a lot of people?
    It was gorgeous this morning,I hiked in about 4AM and saw maybe 4 to 5 on the dam when i,hiked back out,kinda surprised me,weather was perfect.