Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Old Men and The Sea

Default Three Old Men and The Sea

Escaped to the water yesterday for the first time in months.

Met up with Anchor3n1 and Bones.

Went up North.

Water the color of tea with plenty of milk and lots of pulp.

Swell almost non-existent.

Moved around.

Climbing rocks probably a bad idea for guys our age.

Climbing rocks at my age in a pair of flipflops an even worse idea.

Bright spot, Bones got his PB cetacean.

kinda sad, but fascinating also.

guys took me to a great fish-n-chips place.

Great day at the Ocean.

Thanks, fellahs.

Were you anywhere near the oil spill? I wonder what did in the dolphin? Did you guys catch any non-cetacean denizens?

we were up near the spill... but there was no indication of what did the dolphin in.

absolutely no bite at all.

City Dad is being humble...He DID slay a HUGE calico

As far as the Dolphin....We were actually quite far from the oil spill and it was really fresh dead. I walked up to it and it looked fake at first. Just like black plastic. Even after touching it I wasn't sure it was real until I slightly opened it's mouth to reveal it's teeth and some very fresh blood. I hadn't started to decompose at all....... ZERO smell.Then we were approached by two guys from the Marine Wildlife Rescue stationed out of San Pedro. They asked us to help them out with putting the dolphin on a stretcher and we all worked together to carry the deceased animal up the rocks to their box truck on PCH so they could do an autopsy on it to determine the cause of death. It didn't have any injuries or even a slight film of crude oil on it whatsoever.

All of that being said....It was still a really nice day on the water with some good friends and Andrea's Seafood was great. Angel Shark fish and chips baby...... Awesome way to end the adventure for sure!
    Last edited by bones; 05-24-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Wow that's an amazing photo,all part of the cycle of Life,its spirit swims on!!!

Nice report Hemingway

I had a great morning hanging out with you an Mr. Bones. Yes that was an epic fight he had. Good job on the tail grab, bro

I'm ready to hit it again with you both!!!!

Anchor3n1
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 05-24-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Wow,quite the find and picture,thanks for the pic and info!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    City Dad is being humble...He DID slay a HUGE calico

As far as the Dolphin....We were actually quite far from the oil spill and it was really fresh dead. I walked up to it and it looked fake at first. Just like black plastic. Even after touching it I wasn't sure it was real until I slightly opened it's mouth to reveal it's teeth and some very fresh blood. I hadn't started to decompose at all....... ZERO smell.Then we were approached by two guys from the Marine Wildlife Rescue stationed out of San Pedro. They asked us to help them out with putting the dolphin on a stretcher and we all worked together to carry the deceased animal up the rocks to their box truck on PCH so they could do an autopsy on it to determine the cause of death. It didn't have any injuries or even a slight film of crude oil on it whatsoever.

All of that being said....It was still a really nice day on the water with some good friends and Andrea's Seafood was great. Angel Shark fish and chips baby...... Awesome way to end the adventure for sure!
    probably died from smoke inhalation...
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    we were up near the spill... but there was no indication of what did the dolphin in.

absolutely no bite at all.
    It's the second one that died in two days.
    Robert
    <><

Great Pic Bones !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast