Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did a little trout fishing in the hills - [ Video + Report]

Good report I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Good report I guess?
    It depends on what you believe. If you believe because of the drought, these fish are stressed enough already and they should be left alone. If that was the case, it was a terrible report!!!! However if you believe otherwise, it was just another Nazis bagging on a fish report. You do that kind of fishing a lot, "WHAT DO YOU THINK?????"

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You do that kind of fishing a lot, "WHAT DO YOU THINK?????"
    I think you need to give the CAPS LOCK key a rest. ;-)

As far as reporting that fish are stressed because of the drought, make sure that the areas you are reporting are not bordered by 10 million people. There's a great section called "Photos" that nobody visits where you can post these types of excursions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I think you need to give the CAPS LOCK key a rest. ;-)

As far as reporting that fish are stressed because of the drought, make sure that the areas you are reporting are not bordered by 10 million people. There's a great section called "Photos" that nobody visits where you can post these types of excursions.
    What's the purpose of the report is what I'd like to know? I fished there but you shouldn't because the fish are becoming too stressed? Color me confused?????

Carpangler does some good stuff but the logic for this report escapes me.

I do appreciate the "report" though it's always nice to know there's water out there that holds trout that I really shouldn't fish.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    What's the purpose of the report is what I'd like to know? I fished there but you shouldn't because the fish are becoming too stressed? Color me confused?????

Carpangler does some good stuff but the logic for this report escapes me.

I do appreciate the "report" though it's always nice to know there's water out there that holds trout that I really shouldn't fish.
    That's what also has me confused, Seal. "I fished it, but you shouldn't, because I deemed that the fish are stressed?"

But to each their own, I say.

At least his report hasn't been put on a blog for even more people to see.

6. Default

This is a report, with video and photos, from a recent fishing trip in this region. It was posted in the appropriate portion of the forum. The only people who would consider otherwise are those who would rather there not be any such posts about wild trout fishing, in the mountains, at all, online. If that is your method of operation, I question your decision to continue to support this forum.

For those detractors that have valid, but misplaced concern, put your talk where your mouth is - PM me the name of this creek and I'll be happy to delete the post, video and all. C'mon, bring it.

Wait, can't? Just like you haven't been able to on any other post I have made regarding wild trout fishing in the local mountains? Tough, bro. Stay mad.

Put up or shut up. The mere fact that trout exist in the local mountains is well known within the angling community. Posting such reports, with footage and videos from unspecified and unidentifiable locations, is exactly what a fishing forum is appropriate before.

I absolutely love fishing and have no desire to see any such fishing spot wiped out or destroyed - and I don't feel that such posts place these specific locations at risk. I have explored and fished countless local streams, some with good success, others with little to none - and I am incredibly careful about posting such reports should any identifiable information be exposed. If I feel it's safe and with little to no risk of location discovery, I will post it. If there is a chance to the contrary, I leave it off the 'net. I have a plenty of private reports and scouting trips that are only shared with close friends and will never see the light of day online from myself.

Viejo, you questioned the wisdom of fishing for such trout when conditions were not ideal. This brings up the age-old question of sportfishing in general: is it ethical to be fishing for fun? While empirical evidence has certainly been inconclusive (can fish feel pain?), it ultimately boils down to a judgement call regarding the impact such an activity has. As the drought has worn on, I have continued to explore trout streams, but have limited my angling adventures only to locations that are tolerant of such. In this case, year-round water flow with conditions actually somewhat improved from prior years and little to no chance of additional fishing pressure. The trout population here, while continues to have a lot of small fish, has actually considerably increased as of late, at odds with what many other streams here have experienced. Will some of you continue to disagree? Certainly. I can't help the naysayers, and while I understand your point of view, it's at odds with the very existence of this fishing forum. Carefully placed fishing reports with the right level of details depending each and every circumstance, will continue.

For everyone who continues to enjoy such reports and videso, thank you.

Well although your post seems "mad" more than any of the responses to your thread your points were made pretty well. I think the picture thread mentality makes more sense than a "report" from a water that is unnamed and probably shouldn't be fished but that's just an opinion and not necessarily a critique and certainly not made out of anger or being mad.

Well said!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    This is a report, with video and photos, from a recent fishing trip in this region. It was posted in the appropriate portion of the forum. The only people who would consider otherwise are those who would rather there not be any such posts about wild trout fishing, in the mountains, at all, online. If that is your method of operation, I question your decision to continue to support this forum.

For those detractors that have valid, but misplaced concern, put your talk where your mouth is - PM me the name of this creek and I'll be happy to delete the post, video and all. C'mon, bring it.

Wait, can't? Just like you haven't been able to on any other post I have made regarding wild trout fishing in the local mountains? Tough, bro. Stay mad.

Put up or shut up. The mere fact that trout exist in the local mountains is well known within the angling community. Posting such reports, with footage and videos from unspecified and unidentifiable locations, is exactly what a fishing forum is appropriate before.

I absolutely love fishing and have no desire to see any such fishing spot wiped out or destroyed - and I don't feel that such posts place these specific locations at risk. I have explored and fished countless local streams, some with good success, others with little to none - and I am incredibly careful about posting such reports should any identifiable information be exposed. If I feel it's safe and with little to no risk of location discovery, I will post it. If there is a chance to the contrary, I leave it off the 'net. I have a plenty of private reports and scouting trips that are only shared with close friends and will never see the light of day online from myself.

Viejo, you questioned the wisdom of fishing for such trout when conditions were not ideal. This brings up the age-old question of sportfishing in general: is it ethical to be fishing for fun? While empirical evidence has certainly been inconclusive (can fish feel pain?), it ultimately boils down to a judgement call regarding the impact such an activity has. As the drought has worn on, I have continued to explore trout streams, but have limited my angling adventures only to locations that are tolerant of such. In this case, year-round water flow with conditions actually somewhat improved from prior years and little to no chance of additional fishing pressure. The trout population here, while continues to have a lot of small fish, has actually considerably increased as of late, at odds with what many other streams here have experienced. Will some of you continue to disagree? Certainly. I can't help the naysayers, and while I understand your point of view, it's at odds with the very existence of this fishing forum. Carefully placed fishing reports with the right level of details depending each and every circumstance, will continue.

For everyone who continues to enjoy such reports and videso, thank you.

Think Im gonna go watch some more FISHING on Jerry Springer. This place has turned, this is the place where fishermen come to get REPORTS on FISHING yet almost every post is full of the same old high count posters saying the same stuff and DOMINATING good reports with bad stuff.
    Stop being such CRITICS and just fish....

Whats up FISHNLIC ? Hope all is well with the family. My family is looking to move to Oregon real soon for some SERIOUS ACTION.

carpanglerdude, thanks for all your reports with pics and vids I do appreciate them. Nice job all the way around.
    Love the Big Bear section and all the reports, LMAO.
    Last edited by Cameron; 06-11-2015 at 07:57 AM.

Thank you for sharing the cool video. Ever wanna take up fly fishing? Creek fishing with a light (3 wt, 7 ft) fly rod is absolutely magical. You can catch trout all day long drifting a dry fly. I enjoy your posts; keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Iflyforcarp; 06-24-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast