Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local KOlO kill session! New PB

Default Local KOlO kill session! New PB

Pre OP:
    Been feigning to get out on the water had been like a month since I had done any fishing at all. My buddy Jeff hit me up and wanted to know if I wanted to go on a local trip. We planned to go fish the 150 on Tuesday and take a swing at the yellows.

Weather conditions:
    Wind ranging from 2-8 knots throughout the day and swells ranging 1-3ft

The day of:
    Woke up drove over to Jeff's arrived at his house at 4am and we all took off at 4:30. Fishing today was Jeff, Sid, Frankie, David, and I.

Started the day off getting a nice scoop of mixed Sardines, and Macs. We made our move out to the 150 and it was one other boat with us out there. There was no life, birds not doing anything and nothing on the meter. So at this point we decided to head out to Catalina. We turned the corner into the big swells. We got to farnsworth and there were 2 boats and again no life in the water. So we decided to move in real close to to island fish that 60ft bite.

When we got close we did like 6 drifts and Jeff picked off a yellow that was about 8 pounds And Sid got s ling that measured out at 29 inches. On the last drift we hit the dropper loop made a little noise and I picked up the rod I cranked now on it and up we went with the swell and I felt the tension. I set the hook and off it went started pulling some drag with good head shakes then just stopped dead weight and this point I just kept cranking and up floated this barn door. Hit the fish with the gaff and boom landed my first ever legal halibut which weighed 30lbs on the scale!!!!!
    After this we packed up and whipped back to the 150.

As we got to the 150 there were birds, boats, bait, and fish all over. We had fish boiling off the sides of the boat but we're moving super fast.
    Jeff and David both farmed one in the beginning then frank get one on the iron which was a good 18-20lber! After that frank hooked another but farmed it. We soaked baits and Made moves over the next couple hours with no luck so we shot back to the ramp.

Post OP:
    Loved the trip everyone had a blast. Thank you again Jeff for the opportunity to get out on the water with you man! Hopefully next week we can go kill some fish.

Till next time guys thanks for reading!

all photos will be added as soon as I can did this report on my phone at work!

Great job guys. Let's do it again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post

Great job guys. Let's do it again soon!
    awesome guys!

I wish I could do that.....

Very nice mixed bag out there boyz. Jeff sure knows how to find them for sure.
    Congrats on the first legal halibut...she's a nice one for sure!

awesome catch!!!

Looks like a blast guys,WTG out there

Thanks Jeff for having us abord the kolo I can't wait to kill some more fish next time!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	46307

Very nice 30 lb Halibut and YTs.
    DR

Nice hali blake!!!

Td

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast