Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Casting a golf ball.

Default Casting a golf ball.

Drinks the other night turned into a late night Bass session at a private golf course in OC. Amazing how many golf balls I found working the shoreline throwing Senkos. I said something that I regret now, betting my buddy that I could cast a golf ball farther than he could drive a ball with his clubs. I think I was talking about that particular moment when he could not even cast into the lake much less walk a straight line. Anyway I have had to put up with my misstatement all week. Now its a big thing and he wants to go to the range and prove me wrong. I thought about giving in but now, after two sessions at the football field, I am casting further and further. To get past all the formative work I am now throwing a ten foot Diawa Surf rod with a 4000 class reel. I rigged up a leader of eight pound Spiderwire twelve feet long and wound on a 300 yard spool of some Cuda two pound. Casting a regulation Golf ball with a very small brass eyehook screwed and epoxied in, I just threw on the length of the field and thru the goalposts. 325 feet is my estimate and it was as far as this field could manage. 1/3 of the way and working on it.....

Hope you did not bet to much cause if he can hit a driver half way desent you better be able to cast 2 and a half football fields.

Perhaps try nanofil. That, plus hitting the clubhouse bar pretty heavily beforehand, might give you the best chance. Definitely easier to cast while sauced, than it is to drive a golf ball.

Tried some WD 40 on the line, not much. Then eight pound leader broke at the knot to the eyehook. Probably wear from throwing so hard. Ball just disappeared into the sky. I might have it now. No bet on the ball being tied to the reel. No line on the club hit ball...and I'm thinking 3 football fields.
    Last edited by bendopolo2004; 05-22-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Haha i know where you're talking about, those guys are insane, they'll try to hit you man!