Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Windy Bass

Default Windy Bass

We got to the ramp about 6:30 or so, only one other boat that early.Headed out and around the corner of the swim beach and about 7;15 the wind came ,backed off pretty quick and would pick up and off and on in small gusts.The big ledge point just across from the swim beach but to the left or west side had solid bass action before the clouds cleared out.Throwing a Berkley Havoc Rocket Craw Green Pumpkin Purple flk on a Carolina Rig with some old Yum f2 shad juice on it and it was a blast. Lost two fish got em half way to the boat and they came unhinged on the 4lb test Decided I was gonna swing hard on the next one and sure as hell it was a bigger fish, line snapped at the swivel I did not have the egg sinker that I like to use and the small bullet weight was diggin into the line and frayin it.Did not make the connection untill the second time it happened on fish #4.Stumped started to check everything and yep line frayed at the same spot.
    Fish #5 I was reluctant to swing and lost her in the air Partner got one keeper at the points goin into miller.The wind was not bad untill about 12:00
    It would gust hard and back off enough to fish,around 1:20 or so it just got to be constant and we called it a day!!So five bites =no fish landed and 1 for the skipper!! LOL!!! Cheers!!
    Last edited by Riverdale; 05-20-2015 at 07:59 PM.

4lb test? Silverwood is not as clear as some lakes you may have been fishing, that's just asking for a break off. Wind has been almost non-stop for a couple weeks, water temp has cooled. Very strange year.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    4lb test? Silverwood is not as clear as some lakes you may have been fishing, that's just asking for a break off. Wind has been almost non-stop for a couple weeks, water temp has cooled. Very strange year.
    Ya, I had my Senko on an 8lb rig and threw tex no weight also wacky and thought that would be the go to.
    The 5 bites I had were within about 6 minutes time span as soon as I started to throw it.The water was 60 degrees and also very clear in most area when the wind was not blowing.Oh well had fun and just wanted to share where and with what the fish got excited about.Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    Ya, I had my Senko on an 8lb rig and threw tex no weight also wacky and thought that would be the go to.
    The 5 bites I had were within about 6 minutes time span as soon as I started to throw it.The water was 60 degrees and also very clear in most area when the wind was not blowing.Oh well had fun and just wanted to share where and with what the fish got excited about.Cheers!
    I always like lighter line but there's some beast laregmouth at Silverwood. Rodents/creature baits have always been good to me at Silverwood in the Okeechobee craw pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I always like lighter line but there's some beast laregmouth at Silverwood. Rodents/creature baits have always been good to me at Silverwood in the Okeechobee craw pattern.
    Have you had any luck with plastic Lizards? One of my favorite baits up north more, just don't really have any bites here in so cal with them
    Thanx ,Riv

Baby brush hogs are killers on the beds, yes they work well.

Thanx Man!!!