Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perris lake pointers

Default Perris lake pointers

Heading out to perris lake for the first time and was looking for any tips. I'm going to be fishing from shore and going to drop shot for bass. I haven't fished fresh water in about 3 years so any help would be appreciated. I don't really care what I catch just want to catch something.

go buy an alabama rig and throw that.

If you are gonna fish from shore throw a light texas rig.
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 05-19-2015 at 09:02 AM.

throw hot dogs....

...down the hallway?

Thanks for the help, I'm taking my salt water bass lures out there also don't know if they'll work but I'll give it a shot.

Senkos are always a good choice

Quote Originally Posted by LbcLakers View Post
    Thanks for the help, I'm taking my salt water bass lures out there also don't know if they'll work but I'll give it a shot.
    Go light! I throw light jig heads with blue, or blue/with flake 2" grubs. It mimics a silverside. You'll get everything on it. Put it to you this way; just go light and try every color you have until you find it. It you end up with the "right kind", let us know.

Right kind; panfish

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Senkos are always a good choice
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinnerBaitKing View Post
    Go light! I throw light jig heads with blue, or blue/with flake 2" grubs. It mimics a silverside. You'll get everything on it. Put it to you this way; just go light and try every color you have until you find it. It you end up with the "right kind", let us know.

Right kind; panfish
    Thanks I'll try out everything I bring with me and let you guys know how it went. I'll be stopping by the tackle shop and picking up what I don't already have.

LbcLakers,

This is probably already too late to catch you before your trip to Perris; but, I have always had pretty good success at Perris using a 4 1/2" or 6" Margarita Mutilator Roboworm on a drop-shot or TX Rig. Purple colors seems to be a pretty good choice of colors at Perris. At least for me and the guys that fish with me.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 05-21-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast