Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perris lake pointers

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    LbcLakers,

This is probably already too late to catch you before your trip to Perris; but, I have always had pretty good success at Perris using a 4 1/2" or 6" Margarita Mutilator Roboworm on a drop-shot or TX Rig. Purple colors seems to be a pretty good choice of colors at Perris. At least for me and the guys that fish with me.
    That's my most productive set up at perris. I didn't have much luck with senkos, probably because the purple roboworm produce, so I don't give it a fair chance. I also done good with Ika.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    LbcLakers,

This is probably already too late to catch you before your trip to Perris; but, I have always had pretty good success at Perris using a 4 1/2" or 6" Margarita Mutilator Roboworm on a drop-shot or TX Rig. Purple colors seems to be a pretty good choice of colors at Perris. At least for me and the guys that fish with me.

Wacky rigged or regular?

just got back from perris about an hour ago. fished from about 7 to noon caught 8 with 1 bluegill thrown in. first fish of the day was a sold 4 the others where 1.5-2lbers. the bluegill was a tank and ate a crankbait. biggest bluegill i have ever caught. all of mine were in 10-15ft. on cranks. finding the thicker grass that was out deeper in those depths was the ticket for me today. had a big blow up on a topwater early in the AM and probably spent to much time with it considering the wind that was out there. switched it up to a deeper crank and started sticking em. saw a dude catch a good one on an alabama rig. pretty cool to see cuz he had his kids with him and they were all excited. i wanted to start yelling along with them, they got me all jacked up also! i think i could have ran that pattern all day but of course i was trying to get the fish to eat what i wanted them to instead of what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by gcopple View Post
    just got back from perris about an hour ago. fished from about 7 to noon caught 8 with 1 bluegill thrown in. first fish of the day was a sold 4 the others where 1.5-2lbers. the bluegill was a tank and ate a crankbait. biggest bluegill i have ever caught. all of mine were in 10-15ft. on cranks. finding the thicker grass that was out deeper in those depths was the ticket for me today. had a big blow up on a topwater early in the AM and probably spent to much time with it considering the wind that was out there. switched it up to a deeper crank and started sticking em. saw a dude catch a good one on an alabama rig. pretty cool to see cuz he had his kids with him and they were all excited. i wanted to start yelling along with them, they got me all jacked up also! i think i could have ran that pattern all day but of course i was trying to get the fish to eat what i wanted them to instead of what they wanted.
    Great report. Are you fishing from the shore, boat, tube, yak. What general area did you get them. I usually go to sail cove in my tube. Haven't been there in a while. Been going to DVL(rental boat) recently.

Thanks for all the info I'll be there Sunday and Monday. I'll post how it went

Quote Originally Posted by shiromaguro88 View Post
    Great report. Are you fishing from the shore, boat, tube, yak. What general area did you get them. I usually go to sail cove in my tube. Haven't been there in a while. Been going to DVL(rental boat) recently.
    in my boat. i caught the majority of my fish in the back corner by the dam on the south end of the lake...not sure what the name of the place is, not that familiar with perris. but wherever i found that depth with that same grass i had success. also, if i got any of that gorilla snot looking stuff i wouldn't get bit, it needed to be clean grass.

Quote Originally Posted by gcopple View Post
    Yes...Grass is a key player this time of year...finding it being the harder part. Also, there is a specific grass you want to target over others. Good work on those fish!!!

I got skunked both days I gave it shot. I fished the docks and lot 6 from shore with no luck. I was throwing the Texas rig and ds. There was a kid out there that caught an 8# LM off the docks he showed me pics

Its tough fishing from shore right now because many of those bass are focused on Shad. you just gotta keep grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    Wacky rigged or regular?
    A MMIII Drop-Shotted or TX Rigged mostly. A Fly Lined Wacky Rig works when it is real tuff; but it takes patience while it sinks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast