Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trying my hand at the NPH Lily Call Tournament

1. Default Trying my hand at the NPH Lily Call Tournament

Greetings fellow fishermen!

This past weekend, the Balboa Angling Club hosted the Lily Call tournament, which is a light-line fishing tournament in Newport Harbor. Now I've never fished a tournament before, but it sounded fun and I was planning on fishing that weekend anyway so I decided to try my luck. I caught a lot of fish, but unfortunately, I didn't manage to get any qualifying fish. However, I felt that I did pretty well for not having a boat! I caught all of my bass on a sparkly Zoom fluke super junior.

6x Spotted Bay Bass - largest was 13 inches
    3x Kelp bass - largest was 10 inches

Here's the album

Side note: On Sunday, the dock I was at got super crowded (about 9 lines in the water), so I barely had room to cast. My competitive side was satisfied knowing that I out-fished all of those guys combined :)
    Last edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDREW; 05-18-2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Formatting

Great catch Andrew but try not handle the fish with a cloth because you remove there protective slime & this could be detrimental to any fish.

3. Default

Gotcha. I only held them by the mouth, but ill keep an eye out for some gloves or something.

-Andrew

Nice report and way to go on out fishing the other dudes. I'm glad to see another one of your NPH adventures.

All the best!!!!!

Nick

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Nice report and way to go on out fishing the other dudes. I'm glad to see another one of your NPH adventures.

All the best!!!!!

Nick
    Thank you! Look forward to many more reports in the coming summer months!

-Andrew

Nice batch of fish! A little competition always slices it up a bit. Keep it up!

Don