Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Liquid Gold

Default Liquid Gold

The only problem is the lack of liquid.

There will be hundreds of these fish that will die this year, (if they haven't already perished last year according to the few Forestry people I talked to.) I had to get up at least one time this year before the fishery was annihilated by the drought for years to come, and was saddened at the lack of water, and the sudden decrease of population of these majestic fish, including several areas where fish kills were already happening.

I would think the DFW has a contingency plan if our state fish does die out in certain watersheds due to the drought, perhaps through restocking, but it seems the resources down south may be tied up with other projects, including counting how many Flatheads live in DVL.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 05-18-2015 at 05:04 PM.

I have such dread for these places. I can only imagine what some of the lower meadows are like. And, re-stocking is always fraught with legal challenges today.

I'm headed to the CWL area on 7/1, with these late storms, hopefully HM trout pops survive. I walked out in the meadow last year and it looked grim.

I'm sure the lakes are still okay, but we really need some help next winter.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 05-18-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Beautiful little golden! So sad that so many will die off due to the ongoing drought.

meh, just a glorified Kern River rainbow. Now, the Lighting trout, there's a noble fish.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    meh, just a glorified Kern River rainbow. Now, the Lighting trout, there's a noble fish.
    You can't forget the other oodles of other bastardized fish that get stocked! Sierra Reds! Nebraska Taliwackers! Steelhead! (aka, They're Not Really Steelhead)

Although, I still am interested to see what the contingency plans are for the areas where these Goldens will be completely eliminated this year. Something tells me that at this rate, a decade from now, we'll be all telling stories about the time we used to be able to fish streams and catch California's state fish and how we now have to travel to Colorado to do so.

But we still have stripers!

I ever show ya this?

Of course, I know I did... but hey, any excuse to post it again. Good times.

I ever show ya this?

Of course, I know I did... but hey, any excuse to post it again. Good times.
    SARL? You're missing the 91 Freeway in your background.

I lose sleep whenever I'm going to SARL the morning before!

(That's why I'm going to Mammoth this weekend)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    SARL? You're missing the 91 Freeway in your background.

I lose sleep whenever I'm going to SARL the morning before!

(That's why I'm going to Mammoth this weekend)
    lucky bastad... we'll be up there in July. should still be plenty of water by then right????

lucky bastad... we'll be up there in July. should still be plenty of water by then right????
    Yeeeah....plenty of water so the mosquitoes have enough to drink before their daily assault on anglers.

I pushed up all my Fall plans to Spring because of the drought. The San Joaquin won't know what hit it.

Guess I'd figure Montana might have water in September and I may mosey my way out there. ;-)

Like Jay Z said, "We travel first class to change the forecast...."