Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: I have been converted, or cursed

Default I have been converted, or cursed

Got a caddis float tube for my birth day, I love bass fishing and fishing the harbors, mostly DPH as it is the closest to me. But I never fished from a tube before. I got waders, fins and a PFD. Just no idea what I'm doing. I thought I could fish the same techniques I did from shore but I couldn't get a bite my first trip. put the tube in the truck and caught 2 sandies from the shore just to make myself feel better, lol. Maybe one of you kind fishermen can show me how to use one of these things properly?

I'm a little far to be showning you the ropes, but tubing isn't too hard once you learn how to fish from it. I'd say try learning how to control your position in the water and turning. When handling fish I also suggest you to be cautious of their spines as little bass even have the ability to puncture your float. Happened to me, happened to my buddy. It sucked, but we still had fun! Lol

As far as fishing goes I tend to focus on dock pilings. When throwing plastics I'll focus on presenting a falling bait as parallel as I can to the piling. Also, I will focus on presenting my lure in the shady spots. For some reason fish like the shade even if the air temps are in the 50s.

I usually go light with my gear with 6lb as my go to, but it's really up to you on that. My buddy has gotten plenty of bites on 10-12lb and the same for other tubers that I've fished with.

Other go to structure are rocks and kelplines with rocks holding more fish in harbor's from what I've noticed. And, one thing to remember is that when you're tubing you're right on top of fish. Unlike shore fishing you don't have to cast as much nor make the longest casts since so much of our bay fish are structure orientated with the exception of some fish like Halibut. Those damn things are everywhere in harbors
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 05-18-2015 at 05:18 PM.