Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Update 5/18

Default Perris Update 5/18

Hey everyone.... The last month has been a really busy time for me as I had an FLW event at the Delta that I had to prepare for and then go fish. I also had friends visiting from Australia that we went to Vegas with for the Supercross... So Ive been really busy so sorry I haven't been able to give a lot of updates...
    Also 2 weeks ago I said goodbye to an old loyal friend.. My Skeeter... Yes that's right I sold my boat that had brought me so much success and joy over the last 9 years.. But I sold it for a good reason... I got a new boat sponsor, as I signed a deal with Nitro Boats... I just purchased a brand new 2015 Nitro Z8 powered by a Mercury 250hp Pro XS..with all the trimmings, HDS graphs etc etc... She'll be here in about 6-7 weeks so I cant wait to get her and start the next chapter of my fishing career.. My old Skeeter was an awesome boat and I have no regrets but it was time for a change and upgrade. Also for the time being Ill be guiding in my bros new Nitro for the next month... It too is an awesome boat with all the bells and whistles to help us succeed on the water..

Ive been guiding mainly at Perris because Im on them so good and we've been catching good numbers and some GIANTS as well as we've had bass up to 11 1/2 lbs in the last month alone. If DVL was open Id still be spending most of my time at Perris because its that good.... I do miss DVL but this closure will help DVL recover from the endless heavy pressure its been getting the past couple years.
    They just put in more water into Perris and the water level is higher than it has been in a long time there so things are really looking up... they are also in the process of adding fish habitat to the lake in different areas..which is encouraging and flat out awesome because Ive been there while they were dropping habitat so I have all the areas GPS'd which will help me in later tournaments and also help me put YOU on fish later in the year and for years to come.

I did a guide trip yesterday at Perris and we destroyed them....all reaction baits... (ARIG) But its not just an Arig bite... you have to have the right baits, fish the right spots, depths and structure to get the most bites possible.. As some of you may or may not know I fished the last ABA regular season event of the year at Perris a few weeks ago and I won the event by over 5 lbs over 2nd place... Simply put, Im on them and on them well, and I don't expect that to be changing anytime soon as the bite will only get better from here throughout the Summer..
    Yes I won that event on the Alabama rig and Yes I destroyed them yesterday on the Alabama rig, BUT there are other bites emerging and Im catching them on other techniques as well...and of coarse my deep water worm bite is also lights out!!!
    So if you want a trip to Perris...Don't hesitate to give me a call because if learning is what you seek then I will dial you in and if you just want to go have a fun day on Perris that Ill definitely handle that for you as well...BUT, I cant help you if you don't call me... Call my cell to book your trip ..(909) 241-8283... also check me out on Facebook at "PETE MARINO FISHING" on Facebook and give my page a "like" so you can follow me and everything fishing as well as my long crazy tournament stories...also if you like my page you will be eligible to win prizes when I do my giveaways..

Here is also my website..PeteMarinoGuideService.com

Call me and book you day on Perris!!!!

Pete

Thanks for posting an update even though you are very busy Pete!

For anyone who is thinking about going on a trip with Pete, I would recommend it. I had the opportunity to go on a trip with Pete last year and it is still one of the most memorable fishing trips I've ever been on. He knows what he's talking about and he knows how to catch fish....so I would do it if you want to have an awesome day on the water (and have a chance at catching some big bass).

i agree. pete is a class act. i personally witness him advice a couple of fisherman on what to use and where to fish. one of the boats caught that big fish. and pete got those bass number on perris.

hey Pete congrats on the new boat. Do you know what the water temp at perris is?

the water temp is varying quite a bit from morning to afternoon and also depending on the weather... but its between 66-70 on any given day, depending on the weather, time of day and area..

Pete