Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: No Takers

Default No Takers

Have not been to Seal Beach in years,was to visit an old high school bud and figured I would throw some Hammers off the jetty for some kicks before hand. I had spent many days here as a kid Boogie boarding and eventually learning to surf there in the River Jetty,so it was nice to see my old haunt.Got to parking around 7 and couldn't help notice the homeless people and cats sleeping mere yards from the million dollar yachts.As I walked out there was a nice little wave coming in to the river arm pit high slight off shore and me with no surf board LOL only two guys out .I wont surf there anymore just too dirty,last times 12-15 yrs ago I would get a mean sinus infection.Any way made it almost to the end and started to throw the 3 inch Hammers in many different color on 6 lb test with My spin rod ,threw the 4 inch as well on Cast rod with 10 lb for no bites at all.Worked both sides river and boat channel.Water was very clean in the channel and not too bad in the river.Wind and clouds subsided and it turned into a really nice day.Made my way back in throwing both sides again for NAda.Did see a group of guys throwing a huge treble hook with big pencil weight attached to it, I am assuming this was some kind of snaggin(poaching )Rig?Hit the Navy jetty for another couple hours nice conditions beautiful green water plenty of sun but no bites.Arms,lower back and hunger finally tore me from my quest and I made it to My friends house for long overdo reunion.Nice to be on the water tho!!Cheers!!!
    Last edited by Riverdale; 05-18-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Those guys are possibly looking to snag lobsters, have seen it done that way from piers.

Sorry about the skunk...I fish seal beach jetting regularly using live bait and big hammers. Last week we got 3 shorties. The guys with the treble hooks usually are trying to snag the jumping mullets but lobsters are a possibility also.
    -Jason

Howdy riverdale

Thank you for the excellent report. I enjoyed reading it. Sorry you didn't have critter visitors on the end of your line. But it sounds like you still had good time of it at your old spot

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by luckyfish View Post
    Sorry about the skunk...I fish seal beach jetting regularly using live bait and big hammers. Last week we got 3 shorties. The guys with the treble hooks usually are trying to snag the jumping mullets but lobsters are a possibility also.
    -Jason
    Ah got it,hope they snag a great white and it pulls em in LOL

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Howdy riverdale

Thank you for the excellent report. I enjoyed reading it. Sorry you didn't have critter visitors on the end of your line. But it sounds like you still had good time of it at your old spot

Nick
    Ya,had a blast maybe next time!!Thanx Riv!

Heck of a try. That's about all you can do these days. Hopefully it'll pick up a bit as we move closer to summer, but still makes for a nice day out.

Don