Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Clippers...

Default The Clippers...

..will always be the Clippers--Magic Johnson
    Truth hurts...Ouch!

MM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	46251I want a refund!

Quote Originally Posted by shiromaguro88 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	46251I want a refund!
    When your bench consists of Jamal Crawford....

(I'm a Laker fan, so I'm not even gonna try to hate on the Clippers. The LakeShow looks more like the CessPoolShow right now.)

The wheels have fallen off the Clipper bandwagon...lol
    Just love to see the Laker haters go down in flames. The Sparks have more banners in Staples than the Clippers.
    All of "the new sheriff in town" BS is circling the drain.

I wouldn't have a problem with them and might have even pulled for them a little if it weren't for the trash talking fans (Laker Haters) that kept running their mouths.
    All I hear is crickets and crying now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    The wheels have fallen off the Clipper bandwagon...lol
    Just love to see the Laker haters go down in flames. The Sparks have more banners in Staples than the Clippers.
    All of "the new sheriff in town" BS is circling the drain.

I wouldn't have a problem with them and might have even pulled for them a little if it weren't for the trash talking fans (Laker Haters) that kept running their mouths.
    All I hear is crickets and crying now.
    +1000 I wouldn't have had any problem with the Clippers if it wasn't for all their stupid fans who keep running their mouth like they have accomplished ANYTHING the last couple of years. Maybe they should start making "We made the playoffs" banners for Staples, that way Clipper fans can celebrate their mediocrity.

And a sidenote....

It's not cool when so called Laker fans come out of the wood works only to laugh at the Clippers, when they had their heads buried in the sand since the season started.

Where were you all season during the Laker games? Fair weather fans much?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And a sidenote....

It's not cool when so called Laker fans come out of the wood works only to laugh at the Clippers, when they had their heads buried in the sand since the season started.

Good points!!!! Do any Laker fans here have very much confidence in the Management and Ownership of the Lakers anymore????? I've been a Laker fan since Jack Kent Cook owned the team. With the current management situation, "I would be thrilled if the Lakers obtained the same degree of success of the current Clippers Team."
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-19-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And a sidenote....

This is a fishing forum and that's why I log on. I have more than enough sports guys as friends but not many fishermen. My head has been far from buried in the sand when it came to the Lakers or the Clippers. I have discussed ad nauseam with my buddies on the fates of our particular teams. The only reason I commented on this post is that it happened to pop up when I clicked "New Posts"

In the mid 90's (my early teens), a friend's dad took us to my first basketball game. It was at the Great Western Forum and it was Lakers vs Supersonics. I've been a Laker fan ever since, through all their ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Good points!!!! Do any Laker fans here have very much confidence in the Management and Ownership of the Lakers anymore????? I've been a Laker fan since Jack Kent Cook owned the team. With the current management situation, "I would be thrilled if the Lakers obtained the same degree of success of the current Clippers Team."
    How could what he said possibly be a good point? His assertion that my head was buried in the sand during the season because HE hasn't heard from me is retarded.

The Lakers are paying the price for being a very good team for a very long time. They have gotten old since most of their acquisitions have come from free agency rather the draft. This aging plus some free agent gambles that have gone bad has left the Lakers in their current state. I don't have lots of confidence in Jim Buss and I definitely think he has made some big mistakes (Mike D'antoni's hiring is a obvious one). He has, however, had some bad breaks with injuries and things just not working out.

Wanting the Lakers to have a season like the Clippers is shortsighted and I'm disappointed to hear that from a long term Laker fan. I want the Lakers to rebuild a CHAMPIONSHIP team, not be stuck in a state of mediocrity.

#2 Draft pick!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast