Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: I can't hit curve balls 5-16

Default I can't hit curve balls 5-16

Made the mission over the hill today. Stepped in the box swung away for diddly squat. I tossed surface rats, subsurface rats, glide baits, Storm swim bait 1\2 oz. And a duo 120. Lots of flow out there that I saw. Walked all over as I usually do. Didn't see many people out or any stringers from the people I did see. So it wasn't just me. Fished from 5:20 to 10:20. The duct threw me curve again! Better luck next time

Last edited by howstar; 05-18-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: pics

Good try. I too have been striking out lately on the AV side.

I even soaked some strips of Skipjack without a nibble last week. I thought for sure a catfish would have bit.

Thanks for then report.

WTG on the over the hill try.

It will pay off soon im sure,,,Just one question though

Im curious <no Dissrespect intended> How come that with as many posts that we all,,Even if you only count The BAKO BOYS #s of duct posts,,

How come everybody wants to throw anything other then the tried and proven lures

LC128
    1oz rattle bait=KPN or Rattle trap
    1/2 oz white or pearl fluke

I truly believe that if you would have used the LC or KPN just before sun up THEN switched to the fluke after daylight that your odds would have been better.

That's a long drive I know,,,,Shoot a pm if your interested next time and maby we can meet up and do some striper hunting.

Again way to go and thanks for the duct post.

TRAIL BLAZER

fishing been great 138 and old school rattle trap AV rocks

Quote Originally Posted by JustEYE View Post
    Good try. I too have been striking out lately on the AV side.

I even soaked some strips of Skipjack without a nibble last week. I thought for sure a catfish would have bit.

Thanks for then report.
    We will get them! Showing up is half the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    WTG on the over the hill try.

It will pay off soon im sure,,,Just one question though

Im curious <no Dissrespect intended> How come that with as many posts that we all,,Even if you only count The BAKO BOYS #s of duct posts,,

How come everybody wants to throw anything other then the tried and proven lures

LC128
    1oz rattle bait=KPN or Rattle trap
    1/2 oz white or pearl fluke

I truly believe that if you would have used the LC or KPN just before sun up THEN switched to the fluke after daylight that your odds would have been better.

That's a long drive I know,,,,Shoot a pm if your interested next time and maby we can meet up and do some striper hunting.

Again way to go and thanks for the duct post.

TRAIL BLAZER
    I will shoot you a pm next time i make a mission and see if you schedule lines up. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    fishing been great 138 and old school rattle trap AV rocks
    Never fished the AV side. I just might have to give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by howstar View Post
    Never fished the AV side. I just might have to give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up!

I been out about 2 weeks ago nada for me also thanks for the report Howstar.

Trail blazer is dead on with the striper lures before daylight either rattle trap or i perfer rapala max rap 13" silver flake with red head, and as soon as daybreak 1/2 oz to 3/4 oz jig head with salty pearl zoom flooke

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalB3AST View Post
    Trail blazer is dead on with the striper lures before daylight either rattle trap or i perfer rapala max rap 13" silver flake with red head, and as soon as daybreak 1/2 oz to 3/4 oz jig head with salty pearl zoom flooke
    I will have to stick with tried and true stuff I guess. Thank you