Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The high price of fishing our local lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I think the price of admission to a lake should be free. The price of leaving the lake should be a sack of picked up garbage.
    Simply brilliant! CD in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'd counter that with "what happens when there's no more trash to be picked up?" but then I realized that humans are walking trash heaps, so that won't be much of a problem.

I could fish the West Fork for years for free if we instituted that policy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'd counter that with "what happens when there's no more trash to be picked up?" but then I realized that humans are walking trash heaps, so that won't be much of a problem.

You fish the West Fork? I'll bet you'd sooner fish a pay lake before chasing the famous West Fork Diaper Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    You fish the West Fork? I'll bet you'd sooner fish a pay lake before chasing the famous West Fork Diaper Hatch.

Why you gotta go and do that? I'm trying to make a point.

Yea like the trash will ever be removed without reconstituting every weekend. I don't know where it comes from? All those good people that hang out at the lake every weekend certainly would never leave trash behind. Oh well have a buddy working there now, he retired but decided to pick up seasonal work, most workers could give a rats backside but he's a good ole fishermen and can't stand the trash. I've noticed improvements since he's been working there, funny all those other state workers don't really give a damn it seems and they've been working there forever.

Lot's of solutions to the problem but alas Cali is too politically correct and they have no balls to resolve it.

I don't know where it comes from?
    That would be DS's peeps.

He fly-fishes as part of his penance for their sins. That's what happens when you have Padre Ciudad as your confessor......

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    That would be DS's peeps......
    You're just mad cuz your relatives still fish by throwing rocks into the water.

You're just mad cuz your relatives still fish by throwing rocks into the water.

man, I'd love to show this to Dean over at the Spot... just to see the reaction

A chicken in every pot! no... wait... I think I meant - Every chick is on pot! no... that's not it either... dang. wonder if George Stephanopoulos is free

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    A chicken in every pot! no... wait... I think I meant - Every chick is on pot! no... that's not it either... dang. wonder if George Stephanopoulos is free
    I like pot. I like chickens. (In fact, I own a few)

Therefore, I should vote for you!

CD, 2016.

Who's your running mate? I vote Hawgz, so that it balances the platform out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast