Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fish, work, fish DPH 5-15-15

Default Fish, work, fish DPH 5-15-15

Was tinkering around in the garage last night getting stuff together for the the weekend and had an idea...

MINI WAR-BLADE!!!

Its a 1/4 or 3/8 bitzy bug(been in my box forever) with a very small willow blade war-blade style
    The whole thing is only 3.5 maybe 4 in. long The blade spun great even just on the fall.

Couldn't wait to get to SD to try it out on some "spots" so hit Dana before, and after work.

Hit 2 sandies in the morning while getting rained on, Then 3 spots and 1 sandie after work in the sun and wind.
    all fish caught durring high tide. (no luck at low tide on my lunch break)

Good test run but by the time I got home the skirt needed replacing.

Here are the 2 biggest of each species around 13"

Niiiiice!!!!!
    Good job Mountain Goat!
    I just got some new line, hooks, jigs, bullets, worms & craws last night. I'm ready to hit it again w/ya!

Proof once again that it isn't really the bug but the skillz behind the bug. I bet you would get bit on a chunk of broccoli

Nice job out there sir!

Keep up the assault!

well Bones, you know what they say, it's not what's in your tackle box, it's how you use it

As for the lure I thought it turned out great, the color choice was due to the stained water, clear water I would probably go for silver/pepper with a silver blade. Classic chartreuse/white always a good bet too.

next time I'm going to try one with a Colorado blade.

Well bigger jig, small Colorado blade similar results

total of 3 spotties this morning with this being the biggest at just over 14"