Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: day with pete marino

Default day with pete marino

been wanting to fish with pete for awhile now. since i been reading alot of good post from his outings. so met him at the ramp at 6am and he let me know what the plan was for the day. i threw the a-rig all day and pete switched and tried a few lures for a few minutes. all our fish were caught on the a-rig. i wont say the spot since its not mine, but we fished in one area. fish were healthy and fat. caught a few dinks... but i say ave fish were 3 lbs. my biggest was near 4lbs. saw a guy catch a 7-8 lber. big fish were in the area, saw a few nicesize fish boils but didnt bite for us. worked hard for what we got but was a good day for me. been 4-5 yrs since i've held a rod. thanx pete for a good day and hope to fish with you again. btw...pete took afew pics, so hopefully he with share. i rarely ever take pics but these were the 2 bigger models i caught.
    Last edited by dpaulus9; 05-17-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Nice seeing you and getting you out there... We did great and you did fantastic especially since you hadn't really fished much lately.. That A-rig bite is a lot of fun if you know the baits and spots to target them... We did a lot better than most people on the lake that day.. Our best 4 bass were about 14 1/2 lbs... Pretty good considering there was a tourney that day and it took 13 to win it.. and the team that won it fished my area because I told him to fish it and what bait to throw and they ended up catching a 7lber and won that deal... Congrats to them!!!!
    As for us, we destroyed them and heard from at least 2 other people that they saw us crushing the bass when they could barely get bit.. So for that Im happy and it helps my confidence and makes e know Im doing it right.. All of our fish were caught on Arigs as Dan said... I tested a couple other baits throughout the day but the most consistent bite was the arig but there are also a couple other techniques beginning to materialize..
    They added more water to Perris and the water is higher than its been in a long time...Its setting up to be a crazy good Summer.... As far as the A-rig... you have to know the depth, specific baits and areas to take advantage of the great bite Im on...Its a combination of baits, presentation, area, structure and depth..... Im dialed in right now and it really showed on Dan's trip.... If you want a trip to Perris to learn the When, where, what baits, the depth and the whole nine yards just call me and book your trip!!!!
    Also check me out on Facebook... "Pete Marino Fishing" give my page a "like" to be eligible for monthly giveaways.. also check out my website...PeteMarinoGuideservice.com

Pete

cell (909) 241-8283

thanx again pete for a great day. i definitely be doing another trip with you.

sorry....my dumbphone not letting me post the pics