Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anyone know where I can get a Newell?

Default Anyone know where I can get a Newell?

Hey guys I just missed a great deal on a Newell 200 series on eBay because my bid was literally 1 second late. Dammit lol. Anyone know where I could get one at a decent price? Does anyone have one they want to get rid of?
    Thanks

Sounds like you might need to sign up with a sniping service.

Parkermann,
    I'd keep looking in ebay for a used Newell, two or three new auctions start every week for a 200 series. Make sure you know which model you want cause there are the 220s, 229s, and the 235s, all these versions have different gear ratios too.
    I've always gone for the 5:1 gear ratios cause the 3.6:1s seem slow most of the time. One good thing about most used Newells are that they are very clean. After getting one I'd still go through the reel and even replace the drag washers just to make sure
    it's in tip top shape when you hook into a big one. Also check to see if there are 322-5s or 332-5s available on ebay. Next series bigger that I rely on when tuna fishing.
    My 2 cents
    TTFM

I've seen them at swapmeets, the Cypress one in fact.

Try those guys from San Diego Tackle Traders. They always have a bunch of Newell at the fishing swap meet shows. I've dealt with Jamie and he's a good guy to deal with. Good luck.

Try Craigslist there's a couple 200 series Newells on there right now for sale or if you're looking for a newell 220 my buddy has a g220 for sale Pm me and I'll give you his number

Thanks guys I was able to get a 220-5. But I kinda want more of them haha. I'll keep my eye out

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/spo/4999708191.html theres one in riverside if ur still looking