Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Curious Why There Aren't More Pics In Reports ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Well stated. Times have changed and if we dont change with them we will be left behind. Maybe this could be a reason for someone to get better acquainted with the new ways to share things.
    Seems to me the guys that come to this site arent the ones trashing our favorite spot. Its the a$$hats that just go and buy their supplies in the way to fish that destroy or fisheries.
    Be smarter and open the pic in PAINT and hide any distinguishing markers of your spot. Thanks everyone for the input and participation thus far.
    Tight Lines.

yes, "paint" is just clicks away too. so easy, use the digital sharpie button! lol

WHY ARENT PEOPLE POSTING PICS ON SOCIAL MEDIA MUCH ANYMORE YOU ASK?

THIS COMES TO MIND...
    https://youtu.be/_Tc6ywqoL6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tc6ywqoL6o

Quote Originally Posted by all fish View Post
    WHY ARENT PEOPLE POSTING PICS ON SOCIAL MEDIA MUCH ANYMORE YOU ASK?

THIS COMES TO MIND...
    https://youtu.be/_Tc6ywqoL6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tc6ywqoL6o
    your second post is as bad as your first. Troll somewhere else man. Nothing to see here keep moving to another social media site that needs your kind of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    your second post is as bad as your first. Troll somewhere else man. Nothing to see here keep moving to another social media site that needs your kind of support.

1st off, don't take things personal on the internet Cameron, Its not worth getting worked up over.
    You obviously see what issues arise with improper use of social media because you have continued to bring it up in multiple replies & threads you posted.
    Question is, what are you "personally" going to do to change it for the better?
    Continuing to bring it up & expecting others to do something for you obviously isn't working so you mite want to come up with a new game plan.
    I have my own plan of action & it sometimes includes constructive criticism which is often taken as a big "F-U buddy"!
    And I'm fine with that because that's how I feel about those people who continue to post locations of publicly shared waters that I fish & am watching these places become over fished & becoming far less productive & in some cases completely unproductive...
    Word of advice to all,
    Share these good times with your family & close friends & you will continue to have more to share for a lifetime!
    Post it up on the web for all to see & likely loose it in the blink of an eye!
    I'm not saying don't post anything at all, try to take the pic without landmark or blur out later so you have a good scenic pic to share with family & friends.

Look, If I give someone some constructive criticism & it gives them the encouragement that they need to be more cautious about what they share with the world, not acknowledging the fact that they are laying out a "calling all anglers" welcome matt to not only their fishing spot, but everyone else's who fishes that spot that we all have to share with each other, than I don't see any issue there. Ya someone mite get butt hurt for a day but rest assured, he probably isn't going to post any more pics or video with detailed background & try to say its a "secret spot". And as for me putting in writing what was no less than plain obvious in the pics & video posted as to where those guys were tubing couldn't have possibly added any more pressure to that spot than if I hadn't. I even went on to tell everyone what I was fishing & the location on the lake!
    I don't care if people want to fish my leftovers & feed off my scraps! Pfff, Scavenger fishermen... that's all you get if your not going to work for it for yourself & find fish on your own! When people try to follow my current patterns they fail to realize that I don't leave much meat left on the bone & I lick my plate clean! Chances are, if I'm talking about a specific pattern, its probably over by then.

I use to be super polite about it & speak 1 on 1 or in a P.M. on other sites & explain the situation & ask for discretion of location but nobody listens... EVER, so It isn't until their spot is blasted on the web with the freshest attention of every local angler, for them to see what they lost because they put it up on the internet for anyone to compromise. If you aren't a finely tuned angler who is conditioned to fish under heavily pressured lakes than I wouldn't be making things any harder for yourself by adding unwanted pressure to your fishing locations... Hello..... MC FLY!!!

Look at how over populated southern CA is compared to most all other states & how over fished our waters are! This is a very real situation! especially now with social media & its misuse by anglers who only want to post a picture for un-glorified fame from strangers on the internet & don't have the knowledge of the huge numbers of bucket fishermen as well as just plain lazy "thread chaser" fishermen who want it all handed to them who lurk around on all forums with the sole intent on using your fishing spot for their own enjoyment & in a lot of cases as a full time food source for their whole family until its over pressured & or fished out.
    I do what I can to protect what I have because I watch our fisheries being destroyed more & more, year after year, & have great knowledge of how uneducated most anglers are on top of the rest who simply just don't give a crap.
    All I'm saying is, unless you want to loose it, be careful what you share with strangers who don't care about you or any damage they cause to your fishery!
    I try to help other fishermen with proper etiquette but most people don't want to listen & are in too much a hurry to catch fish instead of learn how to catch fish & most don't respect the lake nor do they have the wish to preserve it....
    Last edited by all fish; 07-19-2015 at 09:08 PM. Reason: added detail to msg

Personally I dont add pictures as none of the fish I've caught have been that big. Pretty much everyone on this board has caught bigger, out of the same lake, in the same old spots (Perris - Tyres, Trench, Dam, Water tower etc etc etc). I keep my reports to what I did that day, what bait I used, and how. If it helps someone, great, if it doesn't, oh well. I lurk a lot on this and other boards, yet I wont try and decipher where on a particular lake someone is, what he threw, when, what water temp, etc etc - maybe I'm weird that way, but in the end it'll make me a better angler.

Ymmv

I have not searched this board since January and happened to notice this thread. I have to say that there are more lurks than there are people who participate on this site. Post pics. if you got'em. Crop the pic. use paint or photoshop to delete the background. Whatever. On the other end. People are to quick to respond to what they are reading over the internet in which are just asking for trouble. Learn something. Just because a technique works for others does not it mean it will work for you. Fishing the same spot after a spot was posted is a waste of time, and you are just taking up space. Take the time to learn something new. Learning how to photo-paint backgrounds will give you a few more brain cells that we all loose while standing in the hot sun while fishing. Post pics. raw if you want and ignore the paranoid lurks. You are doing nothing wrong. It's up to you!
    Last edited by marc626; 08-19-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marc626 View Post
    Learning how to photo-paint backgrounds will give you a few more brain cells that we all loose while standing in the hot sun while fishing.
    Exactly!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345