Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curious Why There Aren't More Pics In Reports ?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Because its a PITA to photobucket and transfer image links over.

Compare that to how easy it is and lurker free Facebook is. There's your downward trend root cause
    WINNER, well stated cutbait easy & LURKER/TROLL free. Now lets wait for them.

Now if there was a simple way to pop a pic in a report as it is to post a pic on FB it might be a little different.

Now if there was a simple way to pop a pic in a report as it is to post a pic on FB it might be a little different.
    ^ this. Posting pics is too difficult from a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    ^ this. Posting pics is too difficult from a phone.
    theres a photobucket app that's just as easy to upload pics to it from your phone as it is to facebook...

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    theres a photobucket app that's just as easy to upload pics to it from your phone as it is to facebook...
    No doubt, but your missing the point.

FNN needs that feature.

your missing the part about going from one tab (fnn) to another (photobucket) then copy then go to the other tab (fnn) paste..

Multiply that process by how many pics in the report.

FNN (vbulletin) needs a better upload feature than dealing with photobucket.

and befote anyonr starts with the there already is an upload feature ...
    .. it sucks big time

No doubt, but your missing the point.

FNN needs that feature.

your missing the part about going from one tab (fnn) to another (photobucket) then copy then go to the other tab (fnn) paste..

Multiply that process by how many pics in the report.

FNN (vbulletin) needs a better upload feature than dealing with photobucket.

and befote anyonr starts with the there already is an upload feature ...
    .. it sucks big time
    Cutbait,

Since I'm not familiar with The Facebooks, how does the upload feature work there? I'm assuming it uses Facebook servers to store the image, thereby using their storage space and ultimately their bandwidth to show and share the image?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    No more posting for me after this. I fish every week, sometimes multiple times and used to post more fish reports. I don't post to brag, I post pics because to me and many others it's eye candy, we like to look at fish pics. What's the point of a fishing site if you can't post anything but conditions? One can go to the weather channel for that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Been a good run, ya'll take care now.
    Think you jumped off the cliff on this one. Nothing wrong with pictures and nobody said they shouldn't be included. My post even included the caveat that I'm weird that way.

What's really bizarre to me is that you are allowing opinions to bother you. Bad day Hawgz?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Think you jumped off the cliff on this one. Nothing wrong with pictures and nobody said they shouldn't be included. My post even included the caveat that I'm weird that way.

What's really bizarre to me is that you are allowing opinions to bother you. Bad day Hawgz?
    Pictures and video tapes should not be included in Fish reports!!!! There I said it!!!!!!! Before you start cooking the tar and ripping open some pillows to get the feathers out in prepartion to Tar & Feather me let me explain. I would say a majority of fishermen are a little bit on the paranoid side. So if you show pictures of some nice fish caught with landmarks in the background. Some fishermen feel you are showing too much and this will cause a stampede of Lurkers descending on that lake and kill the bite. Tell me I'm wrong!!!!!! What's even worse is if someone does a video on some lake, especially if your doing some Bass fishing. Some people just can't handle it and they strike out at the OP for doing that report. I personally like pictures and videos with a fish report, but I have a thick skin and can take it. Other people care about what other people think about them and are hurt at the criticism some people throw at them. What do you think happened to HawgZY?????? He wrote a good report with pictures and was so upset at the reaction he said, "GOOD BYE to FNN." I hope he comes back soon!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-18-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    What do you think happened to HawgZY?????? He wrote a good report with pictures and was so upset at the reaction he said, "GOOD BYE to FNN." I hope he comes back soon!!!!!!!
    I don't know about Hawgz but I've felt the need to take breaks from this site from time to time. What is key though is that you realize that your own issues drive the need to take a time out or leave more so than what is occurring on the website. For me it's always a challenge understanding the changes in communication styles based on generational differences and the influence that technology has had on communication. Things I write on here that might bother some if said in person don't sound malicious or mean spirited they are just what they are Seal's dumb opinions.

Communication has changed and some of us old dudes still struggle with that, at least I do on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I don't know about Hawgz but I've felt the need to take breaks from this site from time to time. What is key though is that you realize that your own issues drive the need to take a time out or leave more so than what is occurring on the website. For me it's always a challenge understanding the changes in communication styles based on generational differences and the influence that technology has had on communication. Things I write on here that might bother some if said in person don't sound malicious or mean spirited they are just what they are Seal's dumb opinions.

Communication has changed and some of us old dudes still struggle with that, at least I do on occasion.
    I can't believe I find myself about to defend Hawgz, especially considering there is no love lost between us.

Believe it or not I do in fact fish, and I've posted many detailed reports (including photos) for my fellow anglers - on another site. So why do I refrain from posting reports/pics here? Because most of the participants/lurkers on FNN are unvetted. As a responsible and courteous angler, I find it incredibly disrespectful to exploit another angler's reports for your own benefit. Which is why when I saw Hawgz' DD bass I thought "That's a hell of a nice fish!" and not "Hmm, let me try and triangulate that location so I can fish-out his spot."

However, it's nobody's goddamn business if Hawgz or any other angler decides to include pics in his report. Whether it's something you or I would do is irrelevant. As long as an angler is fishing responsibly, what he chooses to share is none of your concern.

A suggestion for the FNN admins: It would not be difficult to implement a "private" section on the board, and only allow access to members who are properly vetted (i.e., only members can provide recent non-anonymous photos of previous fishing trips they've been on). This would allow for a freer exchange of information among established anglers on FNN, and exclude the lurkers and non-contributors. (And yes, I realize that I'd be excluded from such a section, by my own choice.) Just a thought.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast