Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Shore sight fishing in Cleghorn

Default Shore sight fishing in Cleghorn

Went out to Silverwood this morning at about 7. The wind didn't pick up until about 9:30 so it was nice out there. I went in optimistic and it ended up well! Got 6 bass in 3 hours all sight fishing on beds. I threw the spro 6" slow sink and had tons of chasers, but none would commit. But that didn't stop me from catching fish! I dropped that sucker on top of beds and it produced really well. Overall, good day.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-924453042583045801.jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	46210

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1431286960999_1.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	46211

Name:	1431286967580_1.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	46212

Name:	1431286973062.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	46213

Looks good. I'm taking the bass boat to Silverwood tomorrow. I know where to start in the morning.

There's a lot of catfish around right now. I was throwing a slide swimmer on the dam last night and I hooked into what I thought was a big striper at first. Then it felt pretty weird and it ended up being a catfish I snagged in the tail. One guy that was fishing on the dam with chicken liver said he caught a good amount of catfish.

That was my first time at the wood in about a month does anyone know if the striper have been around lately?

Went out today and caught my first Catfish and three Carp in Cleghorn beyond the buoys. Both species caught on flies. Carpilisous and a wooly bugger for the cat.

hows the water level?

Went to the dam last night and caught a couple striper on a rattle trap

Last edited by basstard2013; 05-12-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Default Cleghorn

First time fishing Silverwood. I launched the yak about 7:30. No luck with crawler or cut bait. The water is clear and big l.m.b. visible. I'll throw more hard bait next time. Skunk
    Water level is excellent.
    Last edited by jrip; 05-20-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Going with the family and friends next weekend camping. Does anyone have like a fishing map of silverwood showing good shore areas for the various species there? Also, any fishing tips for the lake would be appreciated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by avraider View Post
    Going with the family and friends next weekend camping. Does anyone have like a fishing map of silverwood showing good shore areas for the various species there? Also, any fishing tips for the lake would be appreciated as well.
    Largemouth bass are acting picky. Some guys are catching a few. But it's a tough bite. If you have casual anglers and kids, just get anchovies or sardines (the fresher the better) and fish the inlet, or Chamise area. Don't use the 'chovies whole. Cut them into 3 or 4 pieces. And don't chum!
    You can also use lugworms. They work great, but are expensive. And they bite! But the stripers and cats love 'em.