Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: santa fe 9-7-10 and new species

Default santa fe 9-7-10 and new species

Wanted to kill a few hrs after work..so went to my fave spot...and went to go visit a few old friends i have made these past few months....seems same bass like to hols in same spots....

first spot i get,,second cast..rat i have caught both on plastics and cranks..

this dude in the same place every time....have named him BOB...
    kept working the plastics and rat trap...kept missing lots of strikes on the plastics..
    got to next spot where i know a bass lives..but it was not home....on to next spot...
    bingo...somebody came out to play

nice sold 4lbs...rest of day was rat fest on rat trap..and me continuing missing bass on the plastics..at one point i stopped counting at 8....i started to work my way back to the Weirdo Wagon....was ok..one more cast..back out
    with rat trap.it bounces of a rock i feel a bite...and lo and behold..this comes out a juvenile Flathead..

there has to be a decent population for them to be breeding.....at first i thought it was a plecostomus
    but it did not have the sail fin...it's a Flathead..i new species for me!!

peace
    EL...

Nice catches.

right on smokingflies..ah..and i do know where Animal Chin is...LONG LIVE BONES BRIGADE!

Right on! A flathead!

intresting fish

Flathead? Uh oh. Too bad you can't use Bluegills for them at SFD. Nice bass.

Looks like an oil spill to me

Wow! Very cool looking little catfish! Actually a beautiful fish. Nice bass too bro.

Nice catches Weirdo. Cool looking cat.

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

originally I had thought an enthusiast had introduced the flathead from the colorado river area, but as someone suggested here -- http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/arc...p/t-39297.html -- possibly , the flatheads came from in through the San Gabriel River in a storm ... from Morris Reservoir .. I know for a fact good sized fish can survive coming out of that dam, I have seen big carp and even a catfish in the river below the dam, and it is usually dry there , so they must have come from Morris .. and also I have read Morris Dam is connected to the Colorado River aqueduct, so maybe thats how they got there.??? either that or someone did an unofficial stocking ? .... when did flatheads first begin to appear at SFD?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast