Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 5/4 report

Default 5/4 report

First trip of the year to Castaic. I did not recognize the lake due to how low it was. Super steep walls, not too many places to spawn. I only saw a few beds, none of which had fish. Landed 10 LMB, nothing to write home to mom about. All were 1-3lbs, 2-25ft of water. Senkos n DS worked the best for me. I hope the low water, no spawn does not have a detrimental affect on this fishery.

Thanks for the report! I braved the weather today and was one of the only boats on the lake. Despite the weather forecast, the lake conditions were awesome....overcast the entire day, a few light showers, and the lake was like glass for the first couple hours. The cooler weather must have turned them on because the fishing was pretty good. Found em in the backs of coves chasing shad and pulled a few on reaction baits. Once that slowed, it was a steady pick with soft plastics the rest of the day.

I feel like they have already spawned out and are in the post-spawn now. Caught quite a few that seemed thinner than they should be and their tails chewed up...but then again this is only my second time on castaic this year, so i could be wrong...
    Last edited by ZipperWurm; 05-08-2015 at 05:45 PM.